Check Out Our Fantasy Fashions


We've really been enjoying the Klutz Paper Fashions Fantasy book that we reviewed last week! The kids -- yes, even 3Po and Jammy! -- have churned out fashion after fashion, tracing and cutting and gluing and decorating almost every day after school. The Pea is using the paper and embellishments not only for the paper dresses, but also for other crafts that she's making, like notecards and little books for her dolls. Not to be outdone, the boys have also joined in. I don't mind at all -- I think all that detailed tracing and cutting is great for developing their fine motor skills, their pencil grip and their scissor grip. And I love seeing them express their artistic side.

3Po made lots of mermaid outfits. For some reason, he really liked doing mermaids. I thought this one was cute because the top part looks like a bathing suit, even though there's no way a mermaid could put it on. Hey, it's supposed to be fantasy, so what do I know?


Jammy, on the other hand, liked fairies. Fairies with long gowns. This one looks like a 70's-era Woodstock fairy. I wonder what kinds of magic mushrooms this fairy was handing out!


When I saw this creation from The Pea, I complimented her on the use of the gauzy ribbon for sleeves. Her response: "Mama, those aren't sleeves! That ribbon is supposed to be a shawl". Forgive my fashion faux pax, Pea, that shawl is beautiful.

Stay tuned for more Paper Fantasies from the Bonggamom Fashion House! And if you want a chance to join in the fun, click here to enter my Klutz Paper Fashions Fantasy giveaway. I'll be selecting five -- yes, FIVE -- winners on September 17!

I received a product sample for this post, but no monetary compensation. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

2 Comments, Leave yours here:

Tes on September 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM said...

oh wow...those paper clothes are sassy!!! love the color and texture... I'd check it out, my students will go gaga over those fashionable crafts!

elliekd on April 9, 2010 at 3:59 AM said...

cute!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada