Like everyone with a phone, I love taking videos -- but I hate that they take up so much space on my phone! And I hate that I have to switch between camera and video, because it takes a while and I inevitably end up missing the first few seconds of whatever it is I want to record.
Logitech has a solution for iPhone users who want to quickly capture and share videos without a lot of fuss and a lot of phone space. The Bemo social video camera lets users capture moments quickly. It features one touch recording, and a high quality camera with an 8 megapixel lens and 720p HD video recording. Logitech sent me a Bemo to review -- check it out, and enter to win one of your own!
The Bemo is small and lightweight. It easily fits in the palm of your hand. It's super simple -- just press the button to record, and let the button go when you're done recording.
You can control the Bemo's recording function with your iPhone (there's a downloadable app), so your iPhone can act like a remote video control. That means you can easily take a selfie video featuring not just your face, but your whole body!
It has a clip in the back so you can attach it to your shirt or handbag or jeans or bike handlebars or helmet or your dog's collar or whatever. You can film yourself riding a bike or a roller coaster or skateboard without having to look into the viewfinder!
It also comes with a neck strap so you can keep it close by and get ready to film in seconds.
You download the Bemo app onto your iPhone, and your video clips on your Bemo will upload to your iPhone via Bluetooth.
You can make basic edits to your clips: add a caption, filters, background music. You can also string a series of clips together.
You can share your clips to your social media channels or save and email an MP4 file to your Windows-based friends.
Check out the Bemo video I made of Jammy kicking his soccer ball around!
A few limitations:
- This camera only works with iOS devices. It doesn't work with Android phones.
- It doesn't have a capture screen or even a viewfinder, so if you want to see exactly what you're filming, you have to juggle 2 devices: the Bemo and your phone.
- I would prefer a toggle button (press to turn on recording, press again to turn off recording) instead of the press-and-hold button.
- The editing capabilities of the Bemo app are very basic; you only have limited background music options, and you can't insert text into the middle of your video.
The Bemo has a very specific purpose, and for that it is great.
Win a BemoOne lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a Logitech Bemo social video camera!
Leave a comment on this post and tell me your favorite feature of the Bemo.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry you complete, with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, Facebook id, Pinterest id, etc..)
1) Follow bonggamom on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Pin this giveaway on any of your Pinterest boards (1 entry)
5) Like Bonggamom Finds on Facebook and write this on my wall (1 entry):
I joined the Bemo camera giveaway on Bonggamom Finds! Ends 11/20 http://ow.ly/DAZor
6) Follow @bonggafinds on Twitter and tweet this once per day (1 entry per day):
Enter to win a Logitech Bemo social video camera! Ends 11/20 on @bonggafinds http://ow.ly/DAZor
7) Join any open giveaway on Bonggamom Finds (1 entry for every giveaway you join).
This giveaway ends at 11:59 PST on November 20, 2014. I will draw a winner at random on Nov 21 and post their name after they confirm acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: The views and opinions expressed here are my own.