How I would use 75,000 American Express Membership Rewards points





Thank you for all your suggestions! You've found some amazing rewards for 75,000 points! Then again, with so many way to redeem points, I guess everyone is bound to find something they love.

1) Go up, up and awayyyyyy.. Did I hear culture? Sophistication? Croissants? That's right, Europe is calling! For 65,000 you can score an economy class ticket on Swiss Air from LAX or SFO to Europe. Everyone needs to visit Europe at least once in their lifetime, and Membership Rewards points makes it easier to make that dream a reality.

2) Get fit -- Wii Fit. I have wanted a Wii Fit ever since I first tried it out, and so do my kids. This Nintendo Wii bundle (Wii console plus Wii Fit starter kit plus Wii Fit Plus board) for 71,000 points sounds like the perfect way to get in the game (and if you're more of a Microsoft kind of family, there's also the Xbox Kinect with Kinect Sports bundle for 68,300 points). I can see many hours of family togetherness, looking like idiots in front of a tv screen (but having some great active indoor fun!) ahead.

3) Keep the house clean. Miele makes the best vacuum cleaners out there. Period. They are a bit of an investment, but they are worth every penny. But if you use Membership Rewards points to get one, you won't have to spend a dime! Our Miele is on its last legs, so I'm looking for a replacement -- and I'm itching for this Miele Carina Canister Vacuum set with car clean kit (74,300 points).

4) Feed the family in style. Many of the commenters over the last 3 posts have suggested Le Creuset cookware as a great way to redeem points, and I couldn't agree more. The Membership Rewards catalog offers a Le Creuset 6-piece cast iron set for 75,000 points -- but why not get the Le Creuset 6-piece cast iron set with bonus 6-qt. stockpot for the same number of points? Never let it be said that bonggamom turned down a bargain!

5) Get outdoors. The spring weather is making me antsy to get outside, and a great way to use Membership Rewards points would be for things that would get us outdoors. If I had the space, I'd love this Kidcraft Outdoor Playhouse (68,800 points) -- the kids would love it, and Alfie and I love that the playhouse's design complements rather than clashes with our own house, unlike those cheap plastic playhouses! If your kids are bigger, the Membership Rewards catalog has a number of nice bikes, starting at 66,500 points, and for the biggest kid of all -- my husband -- I would get a portable GPS so he doesn't have to rely on his abysmal sense of direction when he goes off on his new motorcycle. There's a great portable model by Garmin for 72,000 points, but they actually have one that's specially made for motorcycles. It's 136,300 points, though, which violates my self-imposed 75k limit -- but hey, it's my fantasy, so I can dream, can't I?


I know, I know, at 75k we're really getting into splurge territory, but there are ways to score some wonderful Membership Rewards for less points, if you know where to look. Here are a couple of tips that will help you get the most out of your Membership rewards points:

1) Take advantage of Membership Rewards specials
The Membership Rewards program has a sale section! At membershiprewards.com/specials, you can save points with great deals on select rewards like electronics, travel, entertainment, home accessories and more. New items are added regularly so check the page often.

2) "Like" American Express on Facebook
The American Express Facebook page has begun posting a weekly redemption deal: 50% off redemption on their featured item when you use Membership Rewards points! Last week's deal was a Microsoft Xbox 4GB with Kinect Sensor for only 31,300 points, and the week before that it was a Flip UltraHD camera, also 50% off points. They'll be featuring new items for the next 8 weeks, so check back often.



It takes a little bit of saving up, but the wonderful experiences you can enjoy when you redeem the points are worth it.



Announcing the winner of the $100 American Express Gift Card!
Ah, the moment you've all been waiting for. Without further ado, the winner of the $100 American Express gift card is....
.... commenter #248 from Amex post #1, cmacaran! Congratulations, cmacaran, and thanks to everyone else for joining! I've thoroughly enjoyed writing these posts and fantasizing about redeeming all these great rewards from the American Express Membership Rewards program. Okay, time to start racking up those points......




Disclosure: I am being compensated for my participation in American Express' Membership Rewards Program via complimentary Membership Rewards Points. Thanks to American Express for providing the $100 American Express Gift Card giveaway prize. Information about the Membership Rewards Program has been provided by American Express and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada