Bonggamom's Eco-Friendly Product Roundup, 2011


Happy Earth Day! Last year I published my first-ever Eco-Friendly products roundup, and I enjoyed writing it so much I've decided to make it an annual thing. Here are some products I've reviewed over the past year that will make your life easier or more enjoyable -- but have less of an impact on your carbon footprint:






How cute are these Lucky Puppy Onesies? They come in sophisticated colors that go way beyond pastel pink and blue, and they're made with 100% organic cotton -- Soft on baby, soft on the eye, soft on the earth!
My daughter loves her new Camelbak Groove reusable water bottle. It has a built-in filter, so she can fill it up at the water fountain at school or at the park, and it doesn't have any nasty tap water taste. It's BPA-free, too, which means no nasty chemicals make their way into her body.
Green up your child's lunch box with these reusable lunch containers from Bright Bin. It keeps food in separate compartments, bento-box style. It's non-toxic, microwave safe, dishwasher safe and practically kid-proof (The Pea has used this nearly every schoolday for almost five months, and it still looks like new). They even have a little handle, so your child can take it to school without having to put it in a separate bag.
Green & Black's organic chocolate comes in such wonderfully sophisticated flavors, you'll feel like a chocolate gourmet when indulge in a bar. You'll also feel good knowing that it's fair-trade certified, so no underage kids had to miss school and give up their future so you could enjoy it.
I use Post-it notes all the time, so it's nice to know that Post-it now has a line of eco-friendly produts: Post-it® Greener Notes, Post-it® Recycled Notes, Post-it® Super Sticky Recycled Notes, and Post-it® Recycled Easel Pads. (check out my Post-It Earth Day giveaway!)
It has been a while since I sang the praises of the Ionator HOM by ActiveIon, so I'm featuring it on my Earth Day roundup for the second straight year. I cannot say enough about how effectively it cleans with nothing but cold tap water. No chemicals, just water -- and the magic of science! This is one of my favorite finds ever, and we use it every single day.
I featured Paper Culture in last year's round-up, and I'm featuring it again because of their chic designs and commitment to making environment-consciousness an integral part of their culture. To celebrate Earth Day, they're going one step further: not only do they plant a tree in one of our nation's forests with every Paper Culture order, they will also plant a tree for every new Facebook fan they receive, and for any current fan who makes a free dedication (until April 30).




Disclosure: I have reviewed these products in the past. I received no samples or compensation for including them in this round-up post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

1 Comments, Leave yours here:

mod*mom on April 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM said...

What's the ionator do?

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada