Meet one of my BlogHer Sponsors -- Jizo and Chibi



I've made two new friends, and they're coming along to BlogHer 2010 with me! Jizo and Chibi are the stars of designer Valerie Johns' latest collection of wholistic jewelry. Each of them represents a concept that, as a parent, is close to my heart:

Jizo, one of the most beloved and revered Bodhisattvas in Mahayana Buddhism, is the protector and guide of women, children, and travelers. Jizo is particularly special to women often giving great strength to pregnant women.

Chibi, the Japanese word for small child – or little one – when worn as jewelry creates a sense of calm. Chibi is soothing, playful, and can be mischievous – as one’s own child or our own inner child.

The Jizo and Chibi collections feature these two cute little characters in jewelry (pendants, necklaces, earrings), art and children's books. As one of my BlogHer 2010 in-kind sponsors, I'll be wearing a couple of pieces from the collection to BlogHer, so don't be surprised if you see me at the conference, wearing a delicate piece of silver jewelry and looking particularly calm and zen-like:


Stay tuned for more photos and a review of the Jizo and Chibi samples I received, here on Bonggamom Finds!


Disclosure: I received a product sample, but was not paid to review the product or give my opinions. Unless clearly stated, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

1 Comments, Leave yours here:

Jizo & Chibi on April 12, 2010 at 8:10 AM said...

What a joy to see you with your Chibi. I am so looking forward to hearing about your experiences, as you listen and hear. Everyone's is unique!
...and best wishes for that moment when you encounter Jizo holding you safely on your journey through the day, holding everyone you love, as well.
Best wishes on the path,
Valerie Johns
(creator of Chibi and student of Jizo)

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada