National Kids and Pet Day is on April 26th! And to celebrate, the Kroger company and family of stores are launching a blog tour to raise awareness of the importance of pet safety, happiness and health. There's no better time to remind each other of the responsibility that comes with the joy of having a pet -- that making sure your pet is happy and well cared for can be a major undertaking that affects the whole family. If you're thinking of bringing a pet into the family, there are so many things to consider, such as:
* If you're considering getting a dog for your family, get a family-friendly breed such as cocker spaniesl, pugs, golden retrievers and basset hounds. These breeds are either sweet, affectionate, gentle or playful, and they enjoy being around children.
* Involve your child in your dog’s care. Even just the presence of your child in the same room while your dog is receiving his favorite things or activities can help build a positive association to children.
* Consider pet insurance! For example, Kroger's PetFirst insurance policies cover routine care and medical procedures for dogs and cats, and works at any veterinarian nationwide, with reimbursement typically occurring within two weeks. Coverage starts at $9.95 per month and right now, individuals who purchase online can save $10. Find out more at http://www.krogerpersonalfinance.com/pet-insurance.
You can find more information on family-friendly breeds and more pet safety tips on Kroger’s Pet Health blog. They have a great blog tagline that says it all -- Because Pets are Family, Too.
Win a $20 Kroger gift card!
The Global Influence Network and the Kroger Co. are providing a $20 Kroger gift card for one lucky Bonggamom Finds reader to spoil the pet in their life! This gift card is good at all Kroger family stores like King Soopers, Ralph's, Fred Meyer, etc..
Leave a comment on this post with your email address and a tip that parents can use to teach their children to play with pets in a safe and healthy way.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following, (you can only do each extra entry once; please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
1) Upload a photo of your pet to the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page wall . If you don't own a pet, write on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page wall and say what kind of pet you would like to have (leave a comment with your FB id).
2) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
3) Join any of the other giveaways currently running on Bonggamom Finds (leave a comment here with the name of the other giveaway you joined).
4) Tweet this (leave a comment with a link to your tweet):
Apr 26 is National Kids & Pets Day! To celebrate, @petsofhealth and @bonggafinds are giving away a $20 Kroger gift card http://ow.ly/1DeBR
5) Click on this link and enter the CafePress American Idol sweepstakes (leave a comment here telling me you've joined -- this is only valid till April 30, 2010).
Maximum of 6 entries per person. This giveaway ends at midnight PST on May 5, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on May 6 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: For helping raise awareness of National Kids & Pet Day, the Global Influence Network and the Kroger Co. have generously provided me with a $20 gift card and a $20 gift card to giveaway. The thoughts and opinions here are my own."