Happy April 1st, everyone: Earth Month has begun! We'll be featuring lots of eco-friendly product reviews and giveaways all month long here at Bonggamom Finds, starting with a giveaway from one of my favorite blogger-friendly (and organic!) haircare companies: CURLS™.
In honor of Earth Month, CURLS™ is launching The 4 Step Sustainable CURLS™ Campaign to help consumers reduce their carbon footprint without sacrificing style! Just like their “4 Steps to Frizz Free Curls”, they've come up with 4 steps for haircare consumers to achieve a cleaner, greener environment:
This week we're starting with Step 1: Aware. Thanks to your participation in last week's Curly Survey (You did participate, right? Well, did you?!!), we found out that curlies have at least 7 partially used bottles of product underneath their vanity/sinks and 9 different brands. Yikes! Were you aware of that?! Here are some other facts that CURLS™ wants you to be aware of:
Did You Know.....
* Over 30 tons of waste are produced for every one ton of product that reaches the consumer.
* 98% of those products that do reach the end consumer are thrown away within 6 months.
* It takes around 450 years for a plastic bottle to degrade.
* You absorb up to 60% of any substance applied to your skin, you could absorb up to 4.4 pounds of manmade chemicals through your body every year- that's not healthy.
* For those curly girls still relaxing their hair...Sodium Hydroxide is the strongest type of principal chemical used in some chemical relaxers because it provides the most long lasting and dramatic effects. However, this same sodium hydroxide is found in drain cleaners, which well demonstrates the strength of this chemical.
And now that I've shocked you all with evidence of our wastefulness, here's a chance to win something that won't be sitting unused under your sink!
Win a bottle of Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a full-size bottle (8 oz.) of Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream! To enter, simply leave a comment on this post and share a tip for becoming more aware of your own impact on the environment.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following, (you can only do each extra entry once; please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
1) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (leave a comment with your blog URL).
2) Stumble this post (leave a comment with your StumbleUpon username).
3) Join any of the other giveaways currently running on Bonggamom Finds (leave a comment here with the name of the other giveaway you joined).
4) Tweet this (leave a comment with a link to your tweet):
Win a bottle of Curlicious Curls Cleansing Cream from @bonggafinds http://tinyurl.com/y9scfpd #giveaway
Maximum of 5 entries per person. This giveaway ends at midnight PST on April 14, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on April 15 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. Unless clearly stated, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.