In honor of Earth Month, CURLS™ is launching The 4 Step Sustainable CURLS™ Campaign to help consumers reduce their carbon footprint without sacrificing style! Just like their “4 Steps to Frizz Free Curls”, they've come up with 4 steps for haircare consumers to achieve a cleaner, greener environment:
This is week 3, Maintain. Just knowing about the damage we do doesn't help the earth ...we have to act, act now, and keep acting! So how can you get involved? Here are 4 easy ways:
1) Purchase CURLS value-sized 32 oz. product refills instead of the smaller bottles
2) Become a CURLS Environista. When you become a CURLS™ Environista, you are showing their commitment to the three “R’s”: Recycle, Reuse, and Refill. You'll even be rewarded for your efforts by becoming members of the CURLS™ VIP Club, receiving little gifts like plantable postcards, T-Shirts, promotions, discounts, and more! Here's how you can join the program:
a) When you place your next order at www.curls.biz you will be able to select a box at checkout that says “I want to become an Environista!”
b)To sign up before your next purchase Go to www.curls.biz and click on Login on the upper right hand corner of the home page. You will need to sign into your account or create a new account. Next select Account from the upper right hand corner of the page and Select Modify Profile. Select the box that says “I want to become and Environista!”
3) Help the CURLS Street team meet their goal of raising $2000.00 to donate to New York Cares. Click Donate Now! Every dollar donated to New York Cares equals $6 in service to the community. Visit www.newyorkcares.org to learn more. Every bit helps!
4) Spread the word-Share this info with 5 of your curly friends.
Win a CURLS Environista tee
CURLS is giving away one of these cute Environista tees to one lucky Bonggamom Finds reader!
To enter, think about what actions you can take, now that you're aware of how your beauty products can impact the environment. Change brings change, and you can make an impact just by changing one thing that you do. What will your One Small Change be? Leave a comment on this post and tell us all about it.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following, (you can only do each extra entry once; please leave a separate comment for each extra entry):
1) Grab my blog button and post it up on your blog (leave a comment with your blog URL).
2) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds on Facebook (leave a comment with your FB id):
I joined the Curls Environista tee giveaway on Bonggamom Finds! http://ow.ly/1ARo8
3) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (leave a comment with your FB id).
4) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
5) Leave a comment on any of my blog posts on Finding Bonggamom (leave a comment here with the link to the post that you commented on).
6) Join any of the other giveaways currently running on Bonggamom Finds (leave a comment here with the name of the other giveaway you joined).
7) Tweet this giveaway (leave a comment with a link to your tweet). Here is a sample tweet you can copy and paste:
What can YOU do to save the earth? Tell us and you could win a CURLS Environista tee! Enter at @bonggafinds http://ow.ly/1ARo8
8) Click on this link and enter the CafePress American Idol sweepstakes (leave a comment here telling me you've joined -- this is only valid till April 30, 2010).
Maximum of 9 entries per person. This giveaway ends at midnight PST on May 3, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on May 4 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I did not receive a product sample or monetary compensation for this post. Unless clearly stated, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.