Easylunchboxes.com lives up to its name



I stopped using plastic sandwich bags to pack my kids' lunches in several years ago -- plastic takes up so many valuable resources to produce, and it clogs up landfills.  I'm never sure whether all the soap and water I use to wash reusable containers actually cancels out all the good I'm doing by avoiding disposables, but I've grown so accustomed to reusable containers that using plastic bags now seems wasteful.

I've tried quite a few types of reusable containers, but I always seem to keep switching... until I discovered Easy Lunch Boxes.  I saw some beautiful bento lunches on Pinterest, and noticed that quite a few of them were in the same kind of container: Easy Lunch Boxes!  I bought 2 sets -- each set contains 4 -- on Amazon, and I've fallen in love with them.  Here's why:




  • The bottoms nest into each other and the lids stack flat, so it's a real space saver.  This is the biggest advantage for me, and the main reason I've abandoned all my other containers.  I have 8 of these babies, and they all fit into a single drawer!  Now my 3 kids and my husband can each be using 1, and I still have 4 spare containers at home.  
  • There are 3 compartments so you can pack a variety of foods without getting them all mixed up.  The biggest compartment is big enough to fit a sandwich, and the 2 smaller compartments are perfect for cut-up fruit, veggies, crackers, and all the bite-sized goodies that kids love.
  • The bottoms and lids are dishwasher and microwave safe, which is extremely convenient.  However, I find that the bottoms take up too much space in the dishwasher -- 1 bottom takes up the space of 3 or 4 dinner plates -- so I end up washing by hand.  I don't usually pack hot foods or staining liquids like ketchup or tomato sauce, so the containers are super easy to clean.

The main complaint I've read from user reviews on Amazon is that these containers are not spillproof, i.e. don't put salad dressing or soup in any of the compartments because everything will run into each other and spill out.  It doesn't bother me too much since I usually stick to dry foods or foods with minimal liquid (i.e. fruit).  I never pack soup for lunch anyway, and I use small cups with lids for ketchup, peanut butter, hummus, mayo, salad dressing or anything runny.

I've been so inspired to pack lunches with Easy Lunch Boxes that I started taking photos of our lunches and posting them up on Finding Bonggamom.  Here are some of the lunches I've packed into Easy Lunch Boxes:








Check out the What's for Lunch this Week?  series on Finding Bonggamom for more lunch ideas!



Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. Yes, I actually do feature products on my review blog that I've discovered (and paid for) on my own!  The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada