Nerf N-Strike Barricade RV-10



It's our second week of summer vacation, and the temperatures have really hit the roof! We've had high 80's and low 90's most of the time, with a couple of almost-100's thrown in for good measure. My boys are playing with their Nerf Super Soakers almost daily! I love that these toys get them running around and playing outdoors. The water cools them down and doesn't leave a mess to clean up. Plus, they're good for watering the plants! It's all good, clean (literally) fun.

In keeping with safe sun practices, though, I always try to get them indoors when the sun is at its hottest, between noon and 3PM. Fortunately they don't have to abandon their Nerf play, because we have lots of Nerf guns with soft darts that don't make dents in the furniture or floor (not to mention in each other!). Our latest Nerf find is the N-Strike Barricade RV-10, with a motorized, revolving barrel.

The BasicsPut a new “spin” on your battles with this motorized, semi-auto BARRICADE RV-10 blaster! The 10-dart revolving barrel keeps the “firepower” coming and the compact design of this sidearm blaster means it’s easy to take along on any “mission”. The tactical rail and stock attachment give you the versatility to add additional accessories (sold separately) to hit your mark with precision. Quick and reliable, your revolving barrel blaster is the one to turn to when you’re outnumbered and need to blast your way to victory.


The Bongga
My boys love this Nerf! They love shooting a quick, successive barrage of darts without having to reload the Nerf shooter each time. They think the Nerf N-Strike Barricade RV-10 is the highlight of their Nerf collection!



Their favorite way of playing with it is for target practice. They set up a target a few feet away, and see who can topple it with the fewest number of darts:


I have to admit, it's a lot of fun. Even if I suck at it.


The Blah
I do wish Nerf only made one kind of dart! I'm constantly having to buy different kinds of refills -- whistler darts, cartridge darts, foam balls -- and it's difficult to remember which dart goes with which shooter.

But that's a general Nerf complaint. As far as this particular Nerf model goes, I'm not sure why any kids' shooter has to be motorized -- it's not like loading regular Nerf shooters is difficult or tiring. I'm uncomfortably reminded of the semi-automatic gun debate, i.e. why semi-automatic guns need to be legal. But 3Po and Jammy insist that the motorized barrel is better. Even Alfie, who is the most anti-violence, anti-gun, safety-conscious parent ever, says it's so much more fun when you can shoot darts in quick succession. I guess I can't argue with them, but you see why it seems like I have 3 sons instead of 2.


The Bottom Line
Boys will be boys, and boys LOVE the rapid-fire action of the Nerf N-Strike Barricade RV-10.


Disclosure: I received product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by Hasbro and Litzky PR and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada