Nerf Super Soaker review



Heads up, summer's almost here! We celebrated the arrival of warmer weather with all guns blazing -- water guns, that is! The Pea hosted a pool party for 20 of her friends, and they had so much fun with Nerf's two latest Super Soaker water blasters, the Nerf Super Soaker Point Break and the Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon. Litzky PR and Hasbro sent us one of each model to try out, and they were such a huge hit.

The Basics: Nerf Super Soaker Point Break
Ready, aim, soak! Always be prepared for a water fight with the compact and portable Nerf Super Soaker Point Break water blaster. Using pump to fire action, surprise your friends with a steady stream of soakage. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.



At first, the kids told me it didn't work, it wasn't shooting any water, so I took a look at it. The secret to making it fire out a strong, steady stream is to fill it up completely with water -- hold it under a tap or dunk it in water until all no more bubbles come up -- and pressurize it by moving the pumper back and forth until water starts to squirt out of the nozzle (at least 15 pumps, this is very important!). Then press the trigger and watch it go!

The Bongga: What I love
The screw-in cap for the water tank is attached to the toy with a string, so you can't lose it. Also, at $6.99, the Point Break is one of Nerf's most inexpensive Super Soaker toys -- but this little gun really does pack a powerful punch. Forget those tiny cheap-o water pistols, and get this Point Break instead!

The Blah: What I don't love
Nothing! The Point Break is just my style!


Don't be fooled by the smile on my face. I'm just showing the kids how to do it properly. I'm not having any fun at all. No, sir. HA!


The Basics: Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon
Blast your enemies from up to 35 feet away with the massive power of the Nerf Super Soaker Hydro Cannon water blaster. Simply pump to pressurize then pull the trigger to let loose a massive burst of water. Customize your Hydro Cannon water blaster with the detachable shield accessory, included. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide and on HasbroToyShop.com.



Okay, this is one Major, Big A$$ water gun! Unlike most water guns, which let out streams of water, this one releases a big burst of water all at once. If you're on the receiving end of the Hydro Cannon, it will feel like someone has just dumped a whole bucket of water on you, all at once.

Everyone had a turn with the Hydro Cannon -- even this boy:



The Bongga:
What I love:
The blast, definitely the blast. It's such a fun change from the usual!

The blast is so immense, I can't describe it. I wasn't able to videotape it or catch it in a photo, so you'll have to watch this video to get a sense of the amount of water it can release:



The Blah: What I don't love
The "shield accessory" that attaches to the side of the Hydro Cannon is cumbersome, and the kids quickly removed it. Plus, it has target crosshairs on it so I feel like it encourages kids to aim the water blaster at someone's forehead or face, something you should never do.


Once summer vacation starts, I'm sure I'll be able to get more videos of the kids playing with these Super Soaker toys; stay tuned for more Super Soaker posts in June!



Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by Litzy Public Relations and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada