Kelloggs FiberPlus cereal -- a sweet (and healthy) way to start the day




Growing up, I never ate breakfast. You'd think that the daughter of a doctor would have known better than to skip the most important meal of the day, but my dad always got up later than we did, and I don't think he ever knew that his kids were sleeping in until the last minute and rushing into the car to get to school. Or maybe my parents just figured that if I ate a snack during our school's 10AM recess break, we'd be okay.

Now I'm a parent of three school-aged children, and our morning routine couldn't be more different. Okay, maybe it's not that different. My kids also sleep in until the last minute and rush to get ready. But we do sit at our kitchen table to have breakfast every single day. The benefits to mind and body of eating a good breakfast each morning can't be ignored! I had to make a real effort to cultivate the breakfast habit in myself, but now I'm just like Alfie and the kids -- I need that morning fuel to jump start my day.

So when I received an invitation from Technorati to review Kellogg's new line of FiberPlus cereals, I couldn't believe my luck! I had already discovered the Cinnamon Oat Crunch cereal at the supermarket a couple of months ago, and it is already a staple in our cereal cupboard. My kids love the sweet cinnamon taste, and I love that it has just 7 grams of sugar per serving.




The Berry Yogurt Crunch flavor, which we had not tried before, is a bit higher in sugar (12 grams per serving), but both varieties are super-high in fiber (9 and 10 grams per serving) and whole grains (16 and 25 grams per serving). I try to eat high-fiber cereal because it really keeps me from getting those mid-morning munchies, so I can avoid reaching for unhealthy snacks to fill me up. My staple breakfast cereal is Kellogg's Special K, but it's really nice to switch it around. Thanks to Kellogg's FiberPlus cereals, I'm glad to have two more healthy, yummy options to start the day right!

Disclosure: This is a compensated post courtesy of Kelloggs and Technorati. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada