Ritz Crackerfuls review




You know the advice people used to give about avoiding snacks between meals? It turns out that snacking between meals, or even having 4-5 small meals, is actually better for you because it keeps your metabolic rate steady and helps you avoid overeating. I make it a point to get something to eat a couple of hours after having lunch, because that's the only way to avoid The Dreaded Mid-Day Munchies. You know, that sudden rush of gnawing hunger that hits you between 4 and 5PM. It takes me by surprise and leaves me so famished I end up grabbing whatever happens to be around, whether it's leftover ice cream or four servings of cheese. I find that if I grab a snack just when the first feelings of hunger begin to dawn, I can make better decisions about what I'm eating.




Which brings me to Ritz Crackerfuls

One2One Network sent me some Ritz Crackerfuls in the Multigrain Sharp Cheddar Variety to enjoy and review, and I have to say they're a great way to fight those Mid-Day Munchies! I've been buying Ritz Crackerfuls ever since they first came out, so any box they care to send me is always appreciated :)

For one thing, they're delicious: I love the nuttiness of the whole grain crackers and the creaminess of the cheese filling. The combination is complex and sophisticated, it actually gets me chewing each mouthful slowly, so I can appreciate the flavors and make the most out of each bite. We all know that eating your food slowly is a great tactic for feeling full longer, and that's what ends up happening. Of course, the whole grains in the crackers have a lot to do with that too!


I do feel guilty about the environmental consequences, but I admit to enjoying the convenience of individually-wrapped crackers, so I can just grab one and hurry back online :) But the bottom line is, I feel good about reaching for Ritz Crackerfuls when I'm busy because they've got whole grains that keep me full, so I know I won't be hungry for something else ten minutes later. This is one snack that I'm NOT packing into the kids' lunchboxes -- I'm saving Ritz Crackerfuls for ME.

What about you? What are your favorite afternoon 'pick me up' snacks? Any tips for tiding fighting hunger between meals?

Check out the Ritz Crackerfuls Facebook page for info on coupons, promotions and contests. Happy Snacking!


Disclosure: I received a product sample from the One2One Network to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

2 Comments, Leave yours here:

Becca on May 19, 2011 at 11:22 AM said...

I love Crackerfuls...but haven't tried them since they switched to multigrain. I'm sure they're that much better now!

karenmed409 on June 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM said...

thank you for the info on the coupon, any snack with sharp cheddar cheese is for me. I think the kids would enjoy trying out the Garden Vegetable. I like the convenience of the individual packing.. make it easy to pack and go.

I like to have pretzels for a crunchy pick me up

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada