Ralph Lauren Adelle pants


Now that I've got an actual job, I need to get started on updating my work wardrobe. Fortunately, I work from home, so I can still spend most days in tees, jeans and sweats, but I do attend a fair amount of events these days (plus my employer's office happens to be about 40 miles from where I live, so I guess I'll have to put in an appearance one of these days), so I do need some clothing that makes me look like a professional who knows what she's doing. And no, those wide-hipped, tight-cuffed black trouser pants I wore 15 years ago don't count.

Fortunately I happen to be a Ralph Lauren Mombassador (thanks Mom Central for selecting me!), so they got me started on the road to my 21st century working mom wardrobe by sending me a pair of Ralph Lauren Adelle pants to review.


The Basics
Here's a description of the Adelle pant:
The Adelle pant channels sophisticated elegance in a classic silhouette with a hint of stretch and a sleek straight leg. * Medium low-rise belted waist. Zip fly with elongated buttoned-tab closure and interior button closure. * Flat front, straight leg. * Angled hand pockets, welt pocket at back right. Back shaping darts for a smooth silhouette. * 32 1/2" inseam. * 63% polyester, 32% viscose, 5% elastane. Lining: 100% acetate. Machine washable. Imported. * Price: $99.50

The Bongga
This is everything I want in a tailored pant. First off, they feel so comfortable, with that hint of stretch, that I could almost be wearing my ratty old sweats. Second, I don't need to iron them. Third, I think $99.50 is a great price, certainly comparable with other upscale RTW brands, and amazing for Ralph Lauren. Best of all? They're machine washable! I can just wash them on cold and not have to spend a fortune on dry cleaning. No, actually, best of all is how they look:
I don't usually wear my shirts tucked into my pants, but somehow these pants give me the confidence tuck it in and show it off.....


Perfect for date night!

The Blah
Even though I think they look great, the fit is slightly off for me. I have big, ummm, curvy legs and hips, so a size 12 fits those bits of me just right -- but the waistline is slightly loose. Perhaps a different style would have suited me better? Or even better, perhaps I needed the next size down? The fit does seem much looser on me than on the model....


The Bottom Line
You can't go wrong with Ralph Lauren pants; the exquisite tailoring and high quality material turns everyday women into icons of classic style.


Disclosure: I am a participant in a Mom Central Consulting campaign for Ralph Lauren and received a pair of Lauren by Ralph Lauren pants to help facilitate my review. Product information is provided by Ralph Lauren and is clearly indicated as such. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada