Join Leapfrog's "Tag. Give. Read" program



One of the highlights of my blogging adventures last year was getting to donate Leapfrog Tag reading kits to several schools around Silicon Valley. It was so heartwarming to know that kids, especially underprivileged kids whose first language may not even be English, were using the Tag to get their reading skills up to grade level. And ever since I found out that many teachers actually have to spend their own money on school supplies, I have embraced any cause that helps deserving teachers get the teaching tools they need.

I'm re-posting my interview with the director of the Quest Learning Center so you can hear first-hand how the Tag Readers are helping kids to read:


It's because of successes like these that I'm so excited to announce some great news: that LeapFrog has launched a new giving program that will help get Tag learn-to-read systems into the hands of the teachers and children who need them most. Their Tag. Give. Read. program is designed to help people like you and me give the "gift of reading" by putting Tag materials into the hands of 30,000 more students. Here's how you can help:

1) Donate to a Teacher via DonorsChoose.org
LeapFrog has donated $100,000 to DonorsChoose.org, to match donations, dollar-for-dollar, made to teachers who request the Tag learn-to-read system for their classrooms. So if you donate via DonorsChoose.org to the teachers on this list, Leapfrog will effectively double your donation!

Note: Don't forget, if you're a teacher, you can post a request for Tag Readers and Tag books -- or if you know a teacher, encourage them to post a request -- and make sure to reference “LeapFrog Tag Readers” in the request!


2) "Like" LeapFrog on Facebook
I know, times are hard. But LeapFrog is offering a way for people to help, even if they can't contribute financially. They're hosting a "Virtual Book Drive" on Facebook -- for each new Facebook fan they get, they will donate a Tag book to a Kindergarten teacher. Yup, all you have to do is "Like" Leapfrog on Facebook, and they'll donate a Tag book. If you spread the word and your great-aunt Fanny "Likes" Leapfrog on Facebook, they'll donate another Tag book. Now aren't you glad you decided to friend your great-aunt Fanny?


You haven't heard the last from me about Tag. Give. Read. I'm happy to announce that Leapfrog will be providing me with a LeapFrog Tag classroom kit to donate to a deserving kindergarten class -- so watch out for posts about which class I chose, and how they like it! And to help drum up even more interest and support, I'll be hosting a giveaway for a Tag Reading System for one lucky Bonggamom Finds reader and a Tag classroom kit for the kindergarten class of the winner's choice!

Thanks in advance for your support of this great program!

Disclosure: Leapfrog will be providing me with a Leapfrog Tag classroom kit to donate to the kindergarten class of my choice. I did not receive any samples for personal use or monetary compensation for this post. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is clearly indicated as such. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada