Disney's Haunted Mansion turns 40


Wow, Disney's Haunted Mansion is turning 40 this year! Usually when someone turns forty the polite thing to say is, you look much younger. Well, I have to say that the ghosts at the Haunted Mansion do look their age, and more -- like a hundred and forty years more! And that's just terrific!




Check out this video of the history of the Haunted Mansion -- guaranteed to get anyone's Haunted Mansion Memories flowing. I remember my first visit to the Haunted Mansion well. I was 7 and my sister was 8, and at first we were too scared to go on, although we told ourselves we wanted to save our E-tickets for the Matterhorn and Pirates of the Caribbean. By the end of our visit, we had no E-tickets left and our parents had 2. We decided to use them on the Haunted Mansion.

We were terrified! I didn't think I could go on when that first room began to sink and the portratis on the wall began to "grow" and turn scary. But once we boarded the little black cars, everything was fine and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. It's one of my favorite Disneyland rides!

I didn't take the kids to the Haunted Mansion when we visited Disneyland last December. There was no more E-ticket excuse this time, but it was really crowded, we didn't have much time, and honestly, my kids were only 7, 4 and 4 at the time, and they're scaredycats just like I was. So we'll have to wait till next time to see the Haunted Mansion. I'm sure the ghosts will still be there, waiting for us to "hurry back".

I did not receive a product sample or monetary compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada