CarsLand -- it's finally here!




I love going to the Disneyland Resort,  The Disneyland Resort is fun at any age, and I have enjoyed it as a child, as a grad student, as a working professional, and as a parent with her family.  I have to say, enjoying it with the family is truly the best, because not only do I enjoy it myself, I get the pleasure of seeing my kids enjoy it.

Last year, when I was at the Disneyland Resort last year for the Little Mermaid ride opening and Star Tours reopening, I had tons of fun, but all I could think about was how much Alfie and the kids would have loved to be there.  So this year, when the Disneyland Resort extended an invitation for me to attend the opening of the new CarsLand area at Disney's California Adventure, I just had to take the family along!  Most of it is a media-only event, but kids will enjoy the park with Alfie while I'm schmoozing with reporters, bloggers and everyone else, and they'll get to sneak into California Adventure with me on June 14, when the park will be closed to media only.  Talk about a golden opportunity!

To get us all excited about the upcoming event (as if we needed any more encouragement!), Disney sent me a pack of postcards showcasing the great new attractions in CarsLand.  Check them out:

Luigi's Flying Tires -- Reminiscent of the classic Flying Saucers attraction from Tomorrowland at Disneyland Park, circa 1961, Luigi's Flying Tires features the sports car loving character from "Cars" at home in his tire store, Luigi's Casa della Tires, just waiting for guests to take a spin.
 

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree -- Everyone's favorite tow truck, Tow Mater, has corralled a herd of runaway baby tractors in his junkyard where guests will be invited to "tow-si-do" with these cute little critters while enjoying Mater's unique musical score.



Radiator Springs Racers -- A leisurely tour of Radiator Springs along the historic Route 66 turns into an all-out race for the Piston Cup when beloved "Cars" characters Luigi and Guido drop the green flag and send guests racing through Ornament Valley side-by-side throughout the mountains and monuments.


Red Car Trolley -- Based on Los Angeles' historic Pacific Electric Red Car Line, the Red Car Trolley links Buena Vista Street to Hollywood Boulevard inside Disney California Adventure Park. Guests will enjoy a unique vista as they travel alongside the knowledgeable conductors of the Red Car who will share a little Hollywood history.


Carthay Circle Theatre -- Guests will enter Disney California Adventure on Buena Vista Street, pass Hyperion Bridge and come to the central plaza. The focal point of this plaza is Carthay Circle Theatre, modeled on the motion picture palace where Walk Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" premiered in 1937. This symbolic building is home to the sophisticated Carthay Circle Restaurant and lounge.


Aren't the postcards adorable?  Of course the real thing will be much, much better, and I can't wait to see them all!  Stay tuned for more posts about the CarsLand opening! 



Disclosure: Disney is providing accommodations and park tickets for this media event.  Other costs including meals and additional days at the Disneyland Resort for my family are incurred at my own expense.  The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

 

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada