Introducing McDonald's Cherry Berry Chiller



There's nothing better on a hot summer day than an icy-cold drink, especially when it's a drink that takes advantage of summer's sweetest, most luscious fruits. Enter the Cherry Berry Chiller, McDonald's latest addition to their line of McCafe blended frozen drinks. McDonald's launched their new flavor earlier this week, and I was one of the lucky bloggers invited to take a taste. Here's my exclusive scoop (or should I say, sip?) on the Cherry Berry Chiller:


It's cold.
Let me say that again. It's extremely cold. Sip this drink sloooooowly, otherwise you'll find yourself with a massive brain freeze headache!


It's unique.
I couldn't believe how good it tasted! Most frozen drinks seem to be of the strawberry-banana or mixed berry sort (and McCafe does offer a Wild Berry and Strawberry Banana smoothie if you're into those flavors), so the Cherry Berry Chiller has a really unique, memorable flavor. You can really taste the cherries, so it's a great alternative to your usual summer cooler.


It's natural.
The Cherry Berry Chiller is really sweet. Not too sweet -- the tartness of the cherry balances the sweetness out quite nicely -- but sweet enough that I started to wonder what kind of artificial syrups they used to flavor it. But, guess what? The Cherry Berry Chiller is 100% juice! That's right, it's sweetened with an apple and grape juice blend, not sugar or corn syrup.




My only beef is with the serving size. See how we were served teeny tiny shots? I'd say they were 4 oz. servings, maybe 6 oz. at the most. They were just right size -- okay, I did have two of them, but I had them at separate times; any more and I might have found myself thirsting for water. The Cherry Berry Chiller will be available in 12, 16 and 22 oz. sizes, which seems way too large for me, and too much fruit juice for the kids (xxx recommends no more than 6 oz. of 100% fruit juice daily). When I buy Cherry Berry Chillers for my kids, I'll probably have them share it. Not that they won't want their own, but trust me, the Cherry Berry Chiller is so yummy that even a little goes a long way.




Like its fellow Flavors of Summer dish (the Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal), the Cherry Berry Chiller is only available for a limited time (summer of 2012), so enjoy it while it lasts!





Click here for my review of McDonald's Blueberry Banana Nut Oatmeal!


Disclosure: I attended McDonald's Flavors of Summer event as a guest, and McDonald's provided all travel and accomodations. I was not required to blog about this product or the event.  The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

 

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada