Fish Tacos at Rubio's



 I've lived in California nearly 18 years, and not once have I tasted a fish taco. Even when I visited San Diego, fish taco capital of the US, and everyone told me, You've GOT to taste the fish tacos here.  Can you believe it? Not one fish taco -- until now.  Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill contacted me about their newest fish taco offerings, the Sesame Soy Fish Taco and Avocado Corn Fish Taco.  Since I really like Rubio's -- and to be honest, since Rubio's said the tacos would be on the house -- I decided to go for it.

What in the world was I waiting for?  I can't believe I've missed out on this for so long!  I guess I thought the fish might be slimy, or overly fishy, just not what a taco should be.  But these Rubio's fish tacos are hand-battered, like my favorite fish-n-chips, and paired with fresh veggies and sauces for an out-of-this-world taste.   The Sesame Soy Fish Tacos come with avocado slices and salad greens, and a soy sauce.  They don't taste like your traditional tacos, but it's new, unique and delicious!

You can purchase the tacos per piece, or as part of a 2-taco plate, paired with rice, chips or beans (choose any 2).  I found the rice way too dry, but the beans are really, really good -- even better when you know that neither the black beans nor the pinto beans are refried. 

Alfie and I loved our Rubio's fish tacos so much that we returned to Rubio's just three days later to introduce our kids to these newfangled fish tacos!  The kids loved the Original Fish Taco and Fish Taco Especial, although they grew tired of the same taste by the second taco.  Next time, I will restrict them to 1 taco each, and order Rubio's superb chicken quesadilla for them to share.  Alfie tried the Mango Habanero Ono Taco, which has a sweet-spicy mango salsa.  I like that this taco has grilled instead of deep-fried fish, so it's healthier, but just as yummy as the rest.   I tried the Avocado Corn Fish Taco, and this one is definitely Alfie's favorite.  My favorite is the Sesame Soy Fish Taco, so we all have something to look forward to the next time we eat at Rubio's:)

Don't be like me and waste almost 2 decades without enjoying fish tacos, and head to Rubio's ASAP to try them out!

Disclosure: I received 2 complimentary meals at Rubios in order to facilitate my review. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.
 

Pin It

1 Comments, Leave yours here:

Heather! on May 15, 2012 at 5:49 AM said...

I don't live in Southern California anymore, but I used to love Rubio's Fish Tacos! YUM!! I miss them...and you can't get anything like that in Ohio. :(

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada