What was an ice castle doing in the middle of Times Square this week? Disney Parks unveiled a 25-foot-tall, 45,000-pound castle made of ice to celebrate their new "Limited Time Magic" events that will take place throughout 2013 at the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World. Each week in 2013 the parks will have a different surprise that lasts just one week before the next week's Limited Time Magic experience begins. Here's a sample of what's in store:
* During Valentine's week, Cinderella's and Sleeping Beauty's castles will be bathed in red and pink.
* During Independence Week, the parks will salute America with a 4th of July Fireworks party that lasts all week.
* During “Long Lost Friends Week,” lesser-known Disney characters like Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will appear for meet-and-greets.
* During Pirate Week, the parks will have pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and other Arrrmazing activities, starring who else but Jack Sparrow.
* On Friday the 13th, 2013 (that's September 9, 2013), Disneyland and Disneyland Hollywood studios will stay open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.), and Disney villains will host a dance party.
These experiences only last a week, so if you want to experience all of them, you'll have to visit a Disney Park every week in 2013! To make things even more interesting, Disney Parks doesn't have the full weekly schedule of Limited Time Magic experiences for the public to see. You'll have to check Disneyworld.com, Disneyland.com, Facebook, Twitter, the Disney Parks Blog to find out the experience of the week, which adds to the surprise. Just like the ice castle in Times Square, these Limited Time Magic experiences are memorable and wonderful, but ethereal, meaning they won't last long!
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.