I love swag. I'm one of those bloggers you'll see at blogging conferences, feverishly stuffing swag into suitcases, spending $25 in extra airline baggage fees and $25 to ship home boxes of free stuff that would cost me $20 to buy at home. Yes, I'm what some people might call a swag wh*r3, um, lady of the night.
So is it any surprise that I'd be tickled pink when the Clever Girls Collective invited me to be a Brand Ambassador for a company actually called SWAGG?? After the SWAGG sponsored post I did a couple of days ago, I was selected to be a SWAGG Brand Ambassador so I could help spread the word about the coolest new shopping app to hit your smart phone since, well, ever.
Here's a description of the application / service from SWAGG:
SWAGG has launched a new app that deals with the troublesome problem of how to deal with the overabundance of gift cards, loyalty & membership cards that clutter up your wallet or handbag. Basically you can load all those gift cards, loyalty points, etc into your iPhone or Android mobile device. Voila, now you can shop from your phone. Did I mention the app is free? Another cool thing is that the app allows you to "give or get." Wondering what to give your sister-in-law Stephanie? You can give a gift card directly from your mobile device. You can also enter your zip code upon downloading and get offers that are redeemable at stores in your area.
And here's how it works:
* You sign up for a SWAGG account online and download the SWAGG app onto your phone via the iPhone app store or Android marketplace.
* You import your old-school plastic gift cards from over 200 merchants onto SWAGG, or purchase a SWAGG gift (i.e. a mobile credit you can use to purchase things at participating retailers through the SWAGG app).
* You enter a florist (or some other participating merchant) and find something you love.
* You line up to pay. The sales clerk scans your bouquet and says, "That will be $21.75, please".
* You bring up the SWAGG app on your phone and show it to the sales clerk.
* SHAZAM!! A tanned, muscular genie (looking surprisingly like Brad Pitt) pops out of your phone, hands $21.75 to the stunned sales clerk, and disappears back into your phone.
* Okay, I was lying about the genie part. What really happens is that the sales clerk scans your phone or types in the numbers, and $21.75 gets deducted from your SWAGG account.
Over the next couple of weeks I'll be playing around with SWAGG and letting you know what I think of it! I'm pretty sure a genie won't be popping out of my phone, but I have a feeling I'm going to have lots of fun with the app.
So, why do I think should you download the SWAGG app right now?
1. It's free. And as you already know, I love me some free stuff!
2. Credit cards and gift cards are soooo 20th century! Show your friends you're the coolest, most tech-savvy shopper around.
3. You’ll be giving to a good cause: for every download through December 31, 2010, SWAGG will donate $1 to Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C), a non-profit that funds cancer research, up to a total of $125,000.
4. You could win a $4,000 trip for two to the Sundance Film Festival -- The Ultimate SWAGG Getaway Sweepstakes, offered exclusively through the Clever 1000! Join now at http://wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/82357
5. You'll be helping me win a $100 SWAGG gift to give away on my blog! SWAGG is holding a Download Drive contest, and the SWAGG Brand Ambassador who gets the most readers to download will win a prize for herself as well as a $100 SWAG gift prize to give away here! If I do win and get the $100 (and as Cinderella's stepmother likes to say -- "IF. I said IF."), anyone who enters the $50 SWAGG giveaway below will receive an extra entry to that future $100 SWAGG giveaway!
6. You could win a $50 SWAGG gift prize right here! Keep reading.....
Win a $50 SWAGG Gift Credit
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a $50 SWAGG gift! This is a credit that can be used with your SWAGG account. Please note, at this point the gift credit being awarded can be redeemed with the following participating merchant partners exclusively:
* American Apparel
* American Eagle
* Omaha Steaks
* Wet Seal
* Arden B
* Buckhead Life Restaurant Group
* Steve Madden
* Live Nation
Sign up for a SWAGG account via this link:
Then come back here and leave a comment with the phrase "I signed up for SWAGG!", and your SWAGG username. Please note, it is very important that you sign up using the link provided (http://bit.ly/theSWAGGapp) because it's a trackable link and we want to verify your signup.
Don't forget, you don't need to own an iPhone or Android device to sign up for a SWAGG account! You can sign up from your regular old web browser! (note, you will need to download the SWAGG app to your iPhone or Android device in order to use the SWAGG gift).
1) Tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
Download the SWAGG app and you could win a $50 SWAGG gift card! Enter by 12/31 on @bonggafinds http://tinyurl.com/33vkmyn #cleverswagg
2) Tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
RT @bonggafinds Download the SWAGG app at http://bit.ly/theSWAGGapp thru 12/31/10, SWAGG will donate $1 to Stand Up To Cancer #cleverswagg
This giveaway ends at midnight PST on December 31, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on January 1, 2011. I will post the winner's name in the comments section after he/she confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was selected for this sponsorship by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity. This is a compensated program, but all of the opinions I share are my own.
Additionally, I am providing the $50 SWAGG giftcard prize in this giveaway (it was partial compensation I received for a previous SWAGG-sponsored post). Download Drive, sweepstakes and charitable giving program information has been provided by the Clever Girls Collective.