Help Bonggamom do some Random Acts of Zhu this Holiday Season!


Our playroom is even more of a mess than usual this week; I think it has something to do with the hordes of Zhu Zhu Pets that have taken over... 104 of them, to be precise. Did I mistakenly type in an extra zero when ordering holiday presents? Was this my compensation for being interviewed by the San Francisco Chronicle about the Zhu Zhu Pets phenomenon? Have I decided to go into the toy store business? Or have I finally given in to my kids' desire to own a menagerie of Zhu Zhu Pets?

None of the above; actually, I'm one of 100 bloggers chosen to participate in Cepia LLC's Random Acts of Zhu holiday giving program. Each of us was given 104 Zhu Zhu Pets to donate to the charity of our choice, and each and every one of us is thrilled to be helping out.

Here's more information about this wonderful program:
ZhuZhu Pets®, the 2010 “Toy of the Year” that has taken over the hearts of kids everywhere, are now taking over the blogosphere and zhu-ooming into the holiday season with the spirit of giving. This December, Cepia LLC, the makers of ZhuZhu Pets® are spreading joy to children across the country by providing 100 bloggers with 100 ZhuZhu Pets® and accessories to be donated to their charity of choice.

The toy donations aim to spread holiday cheer through Cepia's charitable giving program, Random Acts of Zhu (RAZ), and to inspire others to participate in charitable acts this holiday season. RAZ was initiated in 2009 and has been responsible for bringing thousands of ZhuZhu Pets® to pediatric hospitals across America during Cepia's "Christmas in July" toy drops. Last holiday season ZhuZhu Pets® initiated its "Santa's Helpers Program," spurring the delivery of ZhuZhu Pets® to eager children on Christmas morning in order to fulfill Santa's promise to deliver the number one toy on every child's wish list.

ZhuZhu Pets® became the No. 1 toy for children last holiday season and have gone on to be named the 2010 "Toy of the Year." ZhuZhu Pets® engage children and their imaginations for hours just like real hamsters, but without the maintenance and mess. They dart around, scurry from place to place and make unique sounds and noises. Children have the opportunity to build, change and rearrange their hamster habitats for a unique, interactive play experience every time.


I've already donated 30 of the Zhu Zhu Pets to Haven Family House, a family shelter in Menlo Park, CA (click here to see the fun holiday party I co-hosted to distribute the toys to the children there). That leaves 74 Zhu Zhu Pets that still need to find a home this holiday season. I have a couple of ideas where to donate them, but I'm having so much fun playing Santa that I want to share the feeling with you! So I'm running a special, sort-of "giveaway" for 24 Zhu Zhu Pets -- but instead of winning the toys, you get to choose which organization (within driving distance of my house!) I donate them to.


Help Bonggamom decide where to spread the Zhu Zhu Love
If you know of a worthy organization between San Francisco and San Jose that serves children who would love to receive a Zhu Zhu pet this holiday season, please leave a comment on this post with the organization's name. Here are some choices to get you started:

Ronald McDonald House at Stanford
Toys for Tots
San Jose Family Shelter
Family Giving Tree

Perhaps your church or moms club is collecting toys this holiday season? Is there an organization that helps out foster kids that I don't know about? I'd love to hear your suggestions! I will draw an organization name (valid non-profits only, located in the San Francisco Bay Area only, please) randomly from the pool of comments on December 10, and I will deliver the toys (24 Zhu Zhu Pets) there before December 20.

Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post or my participation in this program. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

3 Comments, Leave yours here:

AutumH said...

What about to your local hospital. Imagine how excited all the sick kids that won't be home for Christmas would be to find/unwrap something special just for them. (especially if it's this years hot new toy!)

Terra Heck on December 5, 2010 at 2:58 AM said...

I'm excited to be a blogger participating as well. I donated some to Toys for Tots yesterday and am also pondering where to donate next.

TanyaB said...

Hi Bonggamom!

What a great opportunity.

I asked my friend at work who volunteers at lots of these places and she suggested: "The kids who live in the Opportunity Center (Palo Alto, small number), the kids whose parents go to the Food Closet in Palo Alto (may be large number), the kids who go to the Ecumenical Hunger Program (East Palo Alto), and the kids who live at the Clara-Mateo Alliance homeless shelter could all probably benefit from these toys"

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada