Now that summer is here, the kids are with me all the time, and I don't want to be heading out to the grocery store every other day to stock up on snacks. My guys can blow through a six-pack of snacks in a day! Shopping at warehouse clubs like Costco is so convenient because they have large value-pack sizes of all the snacks my kids love. We recently received some great General Mills snacks -- Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars and Simply Fruit Roll-Ups -- to review, and I'm glad they sent us the stock-it-up size, because we are plowing through them like wildfire. Read on to find out what we thought of these snacks, and how you could win some of your own:
Here's some information about a Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars and Simply Fruit Roll-Ups from General Mills and MyBlogSpark:
Now available at Club Stores, Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars and Simply Fruit Roll-Ups deliver great value and are perfect to have on hand for last minute day trips and even an afternoon in the backyard. Not only nutritious, but convenient too, the club sized snacks are individually wrapped and ideal for throwing in your purse or travel bag, just in case your little one´s tummy starts to rumble.
* Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars are a delightful, 100% natural, combination of tastes and textures you´ll love. Now, you can get 25% more of the whole almonds, peanuts, raisins and cranberries in every bar! With no artificial flavors or colors and only 140 calories, Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Granola Bars also contain 8g of whole grain per serving.
* Simply Fruit Roll-Ups are a better-for-you treat that kids love! Simply Fruit Roll-Ups are an excellent source of Vitamin C and are available in a convenient variety pack of Strawberry and Wildberry flavors. Every delicious roll is made with 90% real fruit and fruit juice and packs a full serving of fruit. Even more exciting? They´re gluten-free and contain only 50 calories per roll. Check out your local Club Store today for stock up packages of these delicious snacks and more!
We've been big fans of the Simply Fruit Roll-Ups ever since they first came out, so receiving a big box of them was such a nice surprise! To the kids, it was like The Great Pumpkin had dropped off a huge Halloween Trick-or-Treat loot on our front porch, because they get all the fun of unrolling the fruit and the chewy yumminess of a fruit snack. I never feel guilty about buying these since aren't loaded with refined sugar.
But this is the first time we've ever tasted Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars, and it was quite a revelation! My daughter asks for it all the time, and even my husband wants me to pack one in his lunch box for as long as they last. They have a great fruity-salty taste, and their chewy texture fools my brain into thinking that I'm eating some kind of decadent, calorie-laden treat -- when in fact they only have 140 calories. I also love that they're individually wrapped, so when my kids ask me for something to eat I can send them to the cupboard to grab a bar all by themselves.
A little less nuts and a little more cranberries in the Chewy Trail Mix Bars, please!
The Bottom Line
Simply Fruit Roll-Ups and Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars make a great, healthy on-the-go snack -- and with these warehouse club-sized packs, it's easy to stock up!
Win a Costco Sunny Day Snacks prize pack
We are thoroughly enjoying all the yummy snacks that General Mills (through My BlogSpark) sent us, and now they are generously offering a second Costco Sunny Day Snacks prize pack to give away! One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win the following:
* a stock-up sized package of Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars (48 ct.).
* a stock-up sized package of Simply Fruit Roll-Ups (42 ct.).
* a $25 Costco gift card.
Leave a comment on this post and tell me which kinds of snack(s) you want to stock up on at Costco this summer. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Grab my blog button and post it up on your blog (1 entry).
2) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates (1 entry).
3) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Sunny Day Snacks giveaway on http://tinyurl.com/2bozxgt
4) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(1 entry).
6) Write this on the Nature Valley Facebook Fan Page (1 entry):
I entered to win a Sunny Day Snacks prize pack on Bonggamom Finds featuring Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Bars, Fruit Roll-Ups and a $25 Costco giftcard! You can enter too at http://tinyurl.com/2bozxgt
8) Tweet this daily (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
U could win Nature Valley & Fruit Rollup snacks and $25 Costco gc! Enter at @bonggafinds http://tinyurl.com/2bozxgt #giveaway
This giveaway ends at midnight PST on July 21, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on July 22 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received samples of the products featured in this review as well as a Costco giftcard, courtesy of General Mills through My Blog Spark. I was not paid to review the product or give my opinions. Unless clearly stated, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.