Raspberry is one of my family's favorite fruits, but since they are pretty expensive I have to keep a tight rein on our raspberry budget throughout the year. The only time I let go is during the summer, when the best, juiciest raspberries are available at a great price. So this week's Aquafina FlavorSplash Mom sample pack turned out to be a berry, berry nice surprise -- Aquafina FlavorSplash in raspberry flavor! It's my third favorite FlavorSplash flavor (after lemon and grape), and I think it's Alfie's favorite. And to celebrate this wonderful flavor, I'm listing down our favorite ways to serve raspberries:
1) Pour out a glass of cold Aquafina FlavorSplash Raspberry water and drop a few chopped raspberries into it. Chill for a couple of minutes. The raspberries intensify the yummy flavor and give it a faint pink hue!
2) Top your ice cream or yogurt with honey and raspberries.
3) Make a spinach salad -- toss baby spinach leaves, caramelized onions, bacon bits (optional but oh-so-yummy-they-shouldn't-be), goat cheese, a splash of vinaigrette dressing and raspberries.
4) Make a raspberry crumble -- just put some raspberries in a baking dish and top with your favorite crumble recipe (a mixture of flour, cold butter, brown sugar and cinnamon). If you can't afford to use only raspberries, make it a mixed-berry crumble. Or use frozen raspberries!
5) Eat them straight out of the container. No fuss, no frills, just wonderful tangy sweetness of fresh, ripe summer raspberries.
Win an Aquafina Prize Pack
One lucky Bonggamom Finds readers will win an Aquafina prize pack consisting of:
* 2 tubes of Aquafina FlavorSplash Hydrating Lip Balm in Raspberry flavor
* 1 coupon good for a Free 6-pack of Aquafina FlavorSplash
Leave a comment on this post with another suggestion for enjoying raspberries -- if you can't think of any, tell us which of my suggestions you would love to try. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Grab my blog button and post it up on your blog (1 entry).
2) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates (1 entry).
3) Become a fan of Bonggamom Finds on Facebook (1 entry).
4) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(1 entry).
6) Write this on the Aquafina Facebook Fan Page wall (1 entry):
Rasberry Rocks! I entered to win Raspberry-flavored Aquafina FlavorSplash lip balm and a 6-pack of Aquafina FlavorSplash on Bonggamom Finds. You can enter too at http://tinyurl.com/2weagpy
7) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Twitter and tweet this daily (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
Win an Aquafina FlavorSplash gift pack from @momcentral and @bonggafinds http://tinyurl.com/2weagpy #giveaway
This giveaway ends at midnight PST on July 8, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on July 9 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for Aquafina FlavorSplash and have received various FlavorSplash samples to facilitate my participation. Mom Central will send me a gift card at the end of the program. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.