Air Wick introduces the National Parks Collection of fragrances



Air Wick
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Air Wick. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.

I never considered myself an outdoorsy, nature-type person... until I visited Yosemite National Park for the first time.  For the first time in my life, I was surrounded by beauty everywhere I turned.  The scenery made me want to run, dance, hike till I dropped, snap a million photos, and just sit and drink in all of nature's beauty.  Yosemite is truly one of my favorite places on earth, and I'm so grateful to the National Park Service for working so hard to keep Yosemite the way it was (or as close as it can be) and has been throughout history.

I know I'm not the only person in the world inspired by Yosemite National Park and all the other amazing national parks across America.  For national park lovers who want to keep their memories of their time in the parks fresh, Air Wick® has come out with a limited edition set of fragrances: the National Park Collection. These are fragrances inspired by six popular national parks, each one representing the unique flowers and scents in each park.  They are perfect for people who want to keep the memories of their national parks visit fresh!


(before I go on, how cool is the photo above?  The Pea created it for me!  She digitally superimposed a photo I took of some Air Wick products I received for review, with photos of her favorite national parks like Yosemite and the Grand Canyon.  It just goes to show you how inspiring those national parks can be!)

About the National Parks Collection
America’s national parks are a source of inspiration to all of us. That’s why Air Wick® is proud to partner with the National Park Foundation in an effort to preserve and protect the very essence behind our new expertly crafted National Park Collection of fragrances.

The National Parks limited edition collection was crafted by fragrance experts who spend countless hours creating the perfect harmony of fragrance notes representative of the natural elements found in these national parks and pays homage to the brand’s “The Craft of Fragrance” creative platform. This collection brings a sensory park experience into the home.



The Air Wick National Parks Collection is available in scented oils, scented candles, reed diffusers, and a freshmatic spray.  There are six fragrances, each inspired by the unique flora and elements of six popular parks:  the Grand Canyon National Park, American Samoa National Park, Honokohau National Historic Park in Hawaii, Denali National Park, the Gulf Islands and Virgin Islands National Park.  I had the opportunity to sample the first four scents in scented oils, and the American Samoa fragrance in a scented candle.  They are all wonderful fragrances that are great to have in any room.  I love having them in our guest bathroom or in our entryway!

Here's a list of all the fragrances with a brief note about how the parks inspired them, along with my own thoughts:

o Grand Canyon: Be awestruck by the breathtaking majesty of Grand Canyon National Park and discover the subtle floral notes of delicate cactus blossoms carried in the warm summer breeze.

It's difficult to put into words just how Grand the Grand Canyon is, when describing it to someone who has never been there before.  I like how Air Wick didn't even try to capture grandeur and majesty in their Grand Canyon fragrance, and instead went the other way, being inspired by the small cactus flower rather than the gigantic canyon.  The fragrance is delicate and sweet and a great reminder to appreciate the small details, not just the big picture.


o American Samoa: Explore the lush paradise of American Samoa National Park to experience the sweet refreshing notes of native coconut and island palms.

I had the opportunity to sample this fragrance in both the scented oil version and scented candle version.  It's very very sweet, and you can definitely detect the coconut fragrance -- which reminds me of tall coconut trees and coconut fronds rustling in the breeze... definitely an island paradise.




o Hawai’i: Escape to a tropical island sunset at Honokohau National Historical Park and savor the
unspoiled notes of exotic papaya and hibiscus flower.

When I inhale this fragrance, the mix of floral and papaya scents send my mind traveling back to the first time I visited Hawaii.  As Alfie and I entered our hotel lobby, an attendant offered us the most delicious drink -- an orange, guava, pineapple and papaya blend that set the tone for a wonderful vacation.


o Denali: Seek renewal in the sun-drenched valleys of Denali National Park to breathe in the clean notes of pure cotton grass and fresh spring air.

I think Denali is my favorite fragrance in the collection.  It smells so crisp and fresh!  I've never been to Alaska (that's on my bucket list) but I can definitely understand the inspiration; when I close my eyes and inhale, I think of the cold mountain air up in the Tahoe National Forest.


o Gulf Islands: Bask in the fragrant scents that take you to the Gulf Islands, rich in white sand beaches and seashores that evoke sun-drenched sweet notes of a summertime paradise.

I wasn't able to sample this fragrance, nor have I been to the Gulf Islands, but I've been to some pretty beaches, and I would love to be able to escape to white sand and blue surf just by lighting an Air Wick scented candle!


Virgin Islands: Find yourself in the idyllic paradise of Virgin Islands National Park and uncover the delightful notes of tropical plumeria and sweet honeysuckle.

I was not able to sample this fragrance, but I grew up among tropical flowers like plumeria (Filipinos call it kalachuchi), hibiscus (pictured above) and honeysuckle, so if the Virgin Islands scent has those notes I'm sure I would love it.  It would remind me of home!



Disclosure: “I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Air Wick. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating. Product information (in italics) was provided by Air Wick via Mom Central Consulting.  The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada