The Bug Patch: natural, DEET-free bug protection



Lovely photo, isn't it? Blue skies, crystal clear water, white sands, lush palm trees.

Here's the part that no one tells you: angry mosquitoes.  In about a month's time we'll be enjoying all of it, including the mosquitoes.  Having grown up in the Philippines, my body must have developed some sort of resistance to them, because although mosquito bites are itchy and annoying, the discomfort I suffer is nowhere near what Alfie and the kids suffer.  They might be more allergic to mosquito bites than I am, because when they get bitten, the itchiness and swelling lasts for days.   We do what we can with mosquito repellants, but frankly I find them somewhat repelling -- they're either extremely sticky or oily or stinky, and I don't even want to know what kinds of chemicals are in some of them!


When we fly to the Philippines this year I'll be trying out The Bug Patch, a 100% natural, DEET free mosquito repellant.  It's a patch that you stick to you skin like a Band Aid (or a nicotine patch) and wear all day, for up to 36 hours.  You don't have to apply it all over your skin; the patch releases natural, safe ingredients like Vitamin B1, and it's delivered all over your body via your bloodstream.  You know how that curry smell starts to seep out of your pores when you've eaten a lot of curry? That's kind of how The Bug Patch works -- mosquitoes smell you and decide they'd rather fly to another person for their next meal.  The concept is certainly intriguing, so we'll slap some patches on when we get to the beach and I'll let everyone know how it works.



Disclosure:  I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada