If you're on your school's yearbook committee, be sure to check out Shutterfly Yearbooks, as a great way to preserve those school year memories. It doesn't even matter what your school size is! Whether your child goes to a school with hundreds of other students, or even if you belong to a homeschool group, you can Shutterfly yearbooks of any order size. You can even order single copies! Of course, if you order 10 or more books, you get a volume discount, and for big school-wide orders, yearbooks can go as low as $6 per yearbook.
When it comes time to create your yearbook, Shutterfly has you covered. With their online Photo Book tool, the layouts practically create themselves, and you end up with a yearbook just as beautiful as the Shutterfly Photo Books you create for your own family. They even have a section with yearbook photo suggestions, timelines, and other tips to create an A+ yearbook.
Even if you're not on the yearbook committee, you can use Shutterfly to preserve your child's school year memories. Here are 3 ways I came up with:
1) Skip the other classrooms and grades, and make a yearbook just for your child's classroom! That way, your child and his friends will be featured front and center, and every page will be chock full of people he knows and loves.
2) Make a Shutterfly "artbook" featuring the best art projects your child created throughout the school year. My kids always want to save their artwork, but all of that paper takes up way too much space. A Shutterfly "artbook" saves their best work in a single book that your child can proudly show off (and avoids the big fight about throwing their artwork away!).
3) For a long-range project, collect First-Day-of-School photos of your child throughout the years, from preschool through high school. Many parents even have their child stand in front of the same background, year after year, and hold up a sign saying which grade they are entering! Then compile of those special photos into a single Shutterfly yearbook that you give to your child when he graduates from high school. Don't forget to make a second yearbook for yourself!
Win a Shutterfly Photo Book
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a code fora free 8x8 hard cover, 20-page Photo Book from Shutterfly, including free shipping to the US or Canada!
Leave a comment on this post and share your favorite school year memory.
1) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
4) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
6) Pin this giveaway on your Pinterest board (1 entry).
7) "Like Bonggamom Finds" on Facebook and write this on my wall (1 entry):
I entered the Shutterfly yearbook giveaway
9) Follow @Shutterfly on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day):
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on September 26, 2012; I will draw a winner at random on September 27 and post his/her name after she/he confirms acceptance. Continental US and Canada residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: Thanks to Shutterfly for providing the giveway prize, as well as a gift card and free photobook for me. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.