Tuesday, September 11, 2012
The Happiest Place on Earth just got Happier! Actually, the Happiest Place on Earth just got spookier -- but when Halloween is your favorite holiday, Happier and Spookier are one and the same thing, and that's exactly how it is at the Disneyland Resort. Their annual Halloween Time celebration begins September 14 and runs through October 31. That's forty-eight whole days of spooktacular fun!
Halloween Time at Disneyland is soooo much fun, and I can't think of a better time to go, and here's why:
* The weather is perfect -- cool and crisp, yet sunny, with little chance of rain
* It's low season, so the crowds are manageable
* Halloween is my favorite time of the year, and no one does Halloween like Disney!
This year, Disney has some new thrills for guests:
* Disney's Halloween Time Carnival features "The Astounding Cauldron of Magic" at Big Thunder Ranch, where guests can conjure up Disney villains with a magic spell, then pose with the villain for photos.
* Guests can transform themselves in pirates with all-new pirate makeovers at Pirates League in New Orleans Square. You can choose to be Jake from Jake and the Never Land Pirates or a First Mate. Even pirate princesses can join in the fun and be transformed into a pirate Empress!
* "The Art of Frankenweenie exhibit lets guests a peek behind the scenes of Tim Burton's new film, featuring some of the actual sets, props and puppets as well as character sketches and designs, and an extended sneak peek of the movie.
That's in addition to all the other great Halloween traditions that guests know and love at the Disneyland Resort:
* Jack Skellington returns to the Haunted Mansion as it transforms into Haunted Mansion Holiday, inspired by the classic animated film "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas." Don't miss the traditional Halloween/Christmas gingerbread house in the Mansion Ballroom! Different every year, this year's version is nine feet tall, with special spooky surprises.
* Space Mountain turns into a Ghost Galaxy, launching voyagers into a haunted section of the universe. Ghosts appear out of the starry darkness and swirling galaxies of Space Mountain, reaching out as if to grab guests as they speed through space.
* Big Thunder Ranch hosts the Halloween Jamboree, with ranch animals, pumpkin carvers, Halloween décor, Halloween activities for youngsters, and performances by Billy Hill & The Hillbillies.
* Main Street USA in Disneyland is transformed into a pumpkin paradise, with over 300 pumpkins lining the buildings and lamp posts. It's a sight to behold!
* The after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party, which has become an annual highlight of Halloween Time for trick-or-treating families, takes place in Disneyland Park on 11 special Monday, Tuesday and Friday nights. This separate-ticket event lets families into the park 3 hours before the event starts and continues on after the park closes for the day. Activities include trick-or-treating with candy and healthy treats, Mickey's Costume Party cavalcade, DJ dance parties and the Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular.
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.