Tuesday, August 14, 2012
I have been wanting a second vacuum for the upstairs, because I am lazy and don't want to drag our canister vacuum cleaner up the stairs every day. I was recently sent a Hoover Windtunnel Air Bagless Upright to review, and I think this one's a keeper!
This vacuum is designed with a telescopic handle with built-in wand that detaches with one simple touch. Simply connect the stair hose to the built-in hose and easily clean stairs without having to lift and carry the vacuum. Other intuitive features include convenient power and brushroll controls, a carry handle on top of the dirt cup, and a clear nozzle with no-scuff bumper. The body reclines all the way to the floor, so you can reach under furniture easily, and the brushroll automatically stops when you put the vacuum back in the upright position.
Requiring minimal maintenance, the Hoover® WindTunnel® Air™ Bagless Upright has a rinsable filter that can be easily cleaned under running water and a high-quality filter made with HEPA media - neither of which will need to be replaced during the warranty period with proper care.
1) Space saving: This vacuum is nice and compact, with quite a small footprint. It fits nicely in our tiny laundry room.
2) Suction: I was amazed at how strong the suction power is! It picks up dirt so easily, and it works equally well on carpet (when you turn on the brush roller) and on hardwood.
3) Long cord: We have a small second floor, so with the 30-foot cord, I can plug into one outlet and clean the whole upstairs without having to switch outlets!
4) No bags or filters to buy: I'm so sick of spending $50 for a pack of 3 dustbags and $20 for a filter, so it is SOOO nice to have the bagless canister and rinsable filter.
1) This vacuum is quite noisy, much much louder than our canister vacuum.
2) The WindTunnel is supposed to be a lightweight vacuum, but I actually found it to be quite heavy. It's a lot more difficult to maneuver around the floor than our canister, and I find it difficult to reach areas under beds and dressers.
3) I wish the cord were retractable. As I mentioned, I'm lazy, and I prefer pressing a button to have the cord retract instead of having to wind it myself (oh my aching arms....) -- but given the great price of this vacuum and the compact size, is a compromise that I'm willing to make.
The Bottom Line
The Hoover WindTunnel Air Bagless Upright is great for small spaces because it's small and compact, but has a long cord and major suction power.
Disclosure:Thanks to Mom Central Consulting and Hoover for providing the WindTunnel for me to review. Product information (in italics) was taken from the Hoover.com website. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.