Thursday, March 26, 2009
It has been a couple of months now since the news broke about contaminated peanut butter and the salmonella outbreak, but products are still being recalled. So many products, from salad dressing to pies, contain nut products, so make sure you check the FDA recall list to make sure your favorite brand is safe.
The thing is, my kids looove PBJ. And peanut butter is really too yummy and healthy to give up. Especially since there are still plenty of safe peanut butter brands out there. Even better news is that some brands don't just stop at "safe", they also do away with artificial ingredients along with the salmonella -- like Maranatha Nut Butters. Every product in their line is free of artificial flavors, colors and preservatives, and they have organic, salt-free and raw ingredient options. So my kids get still get safe, healthy sandwiches in their lunchboxes.
Maranatha nut butters get the green light from many green lifestyle blogs for their natural, organic ingredients-- and they get the green light from my kids for taste, too. We recently tried Maranatha's All Natural Almond Butter -- I had never tasted almond butter before and I'm hooked! It has a natural, fresh taste of almonds, with just a hint of sweetness from natural cane sugar. I got the No-Stir variety because I hate having to stir natural nut butters when they separate., and it's just as easy to spread as your typical mass-produced brand.
Want to try some for yourself? Today I've got a PBG (that's Peanut Butter Giveaway) for everyone, courtesy of the folks at Maranatha Peanut Butter. One lucky winner will receive a sampler box of Maranatha nut butters -- 1 jar each of peanut, almond and cashew butter, featured in the photo above. Here's how to enter:
Leave a comment on this post with your email address and tell us which kinds of nut butters you have tried -- peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower butter, soy butter, you name it! This entry MUST be completed for all other entries to count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following:
1) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds (leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
2) Subscribe to Finding Bonggamom (leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
3) Follow Bonggamom Finds (bonggafinds) on Twitter (leave a comment with your twitter id).
4) Follow Bonggamom(bonggamom)on Twitter (leave a comment with your twitter id).
5) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
6) Follow Finding Bonggamom on Blogger (leave a comment with your Blogger profile name).
7) Tweet about this giveaway (leave a commment with a link to your tweet). Here's a tweet you can copy and paste:
Maranatha Nut Butter giveaway from @bonggafinds http://tw2.us/Pu
For each extra entry, please leave a separate comment (don't list down all your extra entries in 1 comment!) . This giveaway ends at midnight PST on April 2, 2009.; I will draw a winner at random on April 3 and post the winner's name on the same day. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!