New for 2013: ¡Viva Navidad!
It was just announced today that the Disneyland Resort is adding a Latino holiday celebration called ¡Viva Navidad! ,which will be held at Disney California Adventure's Paradise Garden area. The celebration will feature:
* Traditional "papel picado" decorations
* Performances by traditional mariachi, Norteño, and folklorico groups.
* Special holiday menus at select dining locations, including pozole, champurrado, sweet tamales, buñuelos, and choco flan
* Crafts and face painting
* A “Disney ¡Viva Navidad! Street Party” with Mexican folklorico dancers, samba dancers and drummers, the Three Caballeros, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
New for 2013: World of Color - Winter Dreams
photo courtesy of the Disneyland Resort
The World of Color nighttime show is getting a holiday makeover! World of Color - Winter Dreams will feature holiday music and new animation. Nearly 1,200 fountains will blast into the air and create a huge projected water screen, where guests will see winter scenes from Disney films like "Bambi", "Fantasia", "Toy Story", and their newest film, "Frozen".
* Sleeping Beauty's Winter Castle
* Main Street USA (including the famous snowfall!)
* Cars Land
* A Bugs Land
* Buena Vista Street
* Paradise Pier
Haunted Mansion Holiday
It's a Small World Holiday
A Christmas Fantasy Parade
Believe…in Holiday Magic Fireworks
Disney's "kiss goodnight" is set to holiday music and it's a magical way to end your day at the parks!
Better do an exra lap around the track on your workout days, because it's treats are part of the season, and Disneyland Resort treats are extra irresistible! Be on the lookout for these nommies:
* Snowman apples
* Snowman and peppermint marshmallows
* Candy canes
* Gingerbread beignets
* Peppermint break-up
The Disneyland Resort will be in holiday mode from November 15, 2013 through January 6, 2014.
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.