It's that time of year again.... time to Change Your Clocks, and Change Your Battery on your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. On November 3 everyone has to "fall back" and move the clocks back one hour -- and it's the perfect time to make sure all your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors are working.
For the 26th straight year, Energizer is working with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) and local fire departments to remind households to get in the habit of putting fresh batteries into smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors every year, so they don't fail on you when you really need them. Want to find out more? Visit the Energizer Change Your Clocks, Change Your Battery website for fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
* Thirty-eight percent of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms
* Twenty-four percent of fatal fire injuries 24 percent occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries
This is the fourth straight year I've worked with Energizer to remind people to change their batteries, because I personally use the Fall Back date to change all our smoke alarm batteries and carbon monoxide detectors -- and it's such a great tool! Before I heard about this program, we would change our batteries only after the low-alarm beep warnings would drive us mad. Now we swap in fresh batteries every year, at the same time each year.
Win a deluxe Family Fire Safety Kit on the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page
From now through November 3, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Energizer will be giving away one deluxe Family Safety Kit per day, valued at more than $167.
Win a Family Fire Safety Kit
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a Family Safety kit from Energizer, complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
· One 16-pack Energizer® MAX® AA Batteries years
· One 1-pack of Energizer® MAX® 9 volt batteries
· One Energizer® Weatheready® LED Safety Light flashlight – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries
· One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
Leave a comment on this post telling me that you have already changed the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors this year, or telling me when you plan to change your batteries. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Pin this giveaway on your Pinterest board (1 entry -- you can use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of this page!).
5) "Like Bonggamom Finds" on Facebook and write this on my wall (1 entry):
6) Share the link to this giveaway (http://ow.ly/pEPGr) on your Facebook wall, with a reminder to your friends to change their smoke alarm batteries when they change their clocks, then leave a comment here telling me you did (1 entry).
7) Tweet this (1 entry):
@bonggafinds and the @energizerbunny are reminding everyone to Change Your Clock Change Your Battery on November 3! http://ow.ly/pEPGr
8) Tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
RT @bonggafinds: Enter to win an @Energizer Family Safety Kit! Giveaway ends November 3 at http://ow.ly/pEPGr
Disclosure: Thanks to Energizer for providing the prize pack for this giveaway, as well as a second prize pack for me. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.