What kid doesn't love dinosaurs? Even three year olds know what a T-Rex is, and I'm willing to bet that most kids can identify more dinosaurs than most adults! So what is behind kids’ fascination with dinosaurs? Freelance writer and book author Bob Strauss pondered this question for About.com and came up with some pretty solid explanations!!
- For starters, he believes kids like dinosaurs because the huge, dangerous creatures are extinct, so kids know that dinosaurs are not a threat.
- He also believe that dinosaurs are also role models for kids because dinosaurs are big and nobody tells them what to do – the exact opposite of a kid, who is small and is always being told how to behave.
- Kids also like the size and scope of dinosaur skeletons, definitely a cool factor!
- And they also like the possibility that, like Matt Larson, a paleontologist for the Black Hills Institute of Geologic Research, they too might be able to someday discover dinosaur fossils – as he did just this summer in the plains of northeast Wyoming!
Dino Dan DVDs are now available in a special 4-pack through NCircle Entertainment beginning September 24, 2013. With a suggested retail price of $24.99 for four DVDs – Ready, Set, DINO!; Dino Trackers; To Catch a Dino! and Cretaceous Creatures! – the Dino Dan 4-pack also includes a bonus augmented reality feature on the DVD package that, when the code is scanned, brings dinosaurs to life! The four-pack is available at Target stores nationwide from September 24.
Win a Dino Dan DVD set!
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will win a pack of four Dino Dan DVDs.
Leave a comment on this post telling me your child's favorite dinosaur.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Follow bonggamom on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Pin this giveaway on any of your Pinterest boards(1 entry -- you can use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of this page!).
5) "Like Bonggamom Finds" on Facebook and write this on my wall (1 entry):
I entered the Dino Dan DVD giveaway! http://ow.ly/podOF
6) Tweet this (1 entry per day)
RT @bonggafinds Win a Dino Dan DVD set! Enter by 10/14 at http://ow.ly/podOF
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on October 14, 2013; I will draw a winner at random on October 15 and post their name after they confirm acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.