Have a Stylish Summer with Stella Cove Swimwear




Spring has arrived, and summer is just around the corner -- so it's time to go swimsuit shopping!  We plan to spend a lot of time in the water, so quality matters when picking a suit for me and my kids.  It's worth investing in a decent suit for my kids that won't thin out after hours of sitting at the edge of the pool or marathon immersions in salt water or pool water!  When Stella Cove offered to send a bikini for The Pea to try, I gladly accepted because I've drooled over their cute kids' designs on GarnetHill.com and Nordstrom. Their patterns are whimsical and cheery, bold but not loud, and I was sure The Pea would look great.  The challenge was getting The Pea to accept.  She's starting to be very body-conscious; she's not skinny like many of her friends so she feels more at ease wearing a 1-piece suit. Keep reading to find out what she thought of Stella Cove!

About Stella Cove
Stella Cove meets and exceeds expectations to produce the finest quality beachwear for boys and girls from 12 months to 16 years, and a small range of women's bikinis. All swimwear is UV50+ in fun, sophisticated prints, and includes dresses and accessories. Many of the prints are exclusive and cover a wide range of themes such as guitars, grapefruits, beautiful soft and bold florals, as well as geometric prints. We have maillots, bikinis, fitted and board shorts, surf guards, dresses and cover ups, and have also recently expanded into sunglasses and a line of French Terry robes and towels.

As I predicted, The Pea was hesitant.  She is almost 12, but on the large side, so I asked for a size 14, and it just fits her.  She wears a size 14 for most clothes, so I'm guessing Stella Cove runs true to size.


Stella Cove sent us a bikini in their I Am Loved print, which features navy hearts on a red background.  I know the background looks pink in the photo, but it's actually a nice, deep red.  Paired with the navy and white, this suit has a cute nautical vibe, feminine but not too girly.  The material looks nice and thick and sturdy; I don't know whether it will thin out after a summer of washing and wearing, but I'm hopeful.


At first glance, the bikini looks skimpy, but it gives way more coverage than a string bikini.  The Pea wasn't too sure about the 2-string top, but since the fabric is shaped in a trapezoid instead of a triangle, it actually gives her more coverage.  Even the bottom is not actually held together with string: the ties at the sides are purely decorative.  The Pea happily reports that the bottom doesn't ride up anywhere, so she can frolic in the water without worrying about any wardrobe malfunctions.


Seeing how great she looked in this bikini has really boosted her confidence and removed any doubts about whether she's "skinny" enough to wear a bikini (yes, even at this age, girls have body issues, so thank you Stella Cove for helping out!). The Pea is all set for a fun and fashionable summer at the beach!


Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information (in italics) is provided by Stella Cove. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada