image source: Disney Parks Blog
Just one week to go till the opening of Fantasy Faire at Disneyland in Anaheim! I can't wait till the next time I go to the Disneyland Resort so I can see this latest addition to Disneyland Park. I've been following the development of Fantasy Faire on the Disney Parks blog, and it sounds like every little princess's dream come true. Fantasy Faire is not a new "land" on it's own, rather, it's an extension of Fantasyland meant to showcase one of Disney's most popular franchise, the Disney princesses. In fact, Disney's Imagineers have taken great care to incorporate Fantasyland's look and feel into Fantasy Faire so it doesn't feel like it's any newer than the rest of Fantasyland -- so you'll have the same kind of old-world European wooden-frame cottages, and stone walls with graceful turrets and spires for the fancier buildings. Here are some of the attractions you'll find at Fantasy Faire:
* Royal Hall: Guests can walk through gardens and elegant rooms to meet Disney princesses like Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.
* Royal Theatre: One of the highlights of Fantasy Faire will be the Royal Theatre, where you’ll be treated to two unique shows relating the tales of “Beauty and the Beast” and “Tangled,” as told by a pair of Renaissance Storytellers, Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones.
* Village Square: this is party central! Guests can dance with Belle or Rapunzel at the Royal Ribbon Parade, and wander through a quaint medieval village.
* Tangled Tower: this metal replica of Rapunzel's tower in the movie Tangled is located in the center of Fantasy Faire.
* Fairy Tale Treasures: located between the Royal Theatre and Royal Hall, this souvenir shop will be a treasure trove of costumes and accessories for young knights and princesses.
* Clopin's Music Box: an interactive music box set into the side of one of the buildings in Fantasy Faire. Kids can peer into the music box and turn a crank to bring a scene from 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' to life. As the crank turns, music will play, a sun and moon will rise and fall, Clopin the jester will dance, and Quasimodo the hunchback will peek out of the Notre Dame Cathedral tower.
* Figaro animatronic: another delightful detail at Fantasy Faire, look for Figaro fall asleep in the middle of some bird hunting as the little bird in the cage sings!
* Maurice's Treats snack cart: named after Belle's father from Beauty and the Beast, Maurice's Treats will offer sweet and savory twist snacks and a frozen apple drink served in a cup or a souvenir goblet or stein.
Fantasy Faire opens at Disneyland Park, in the Disneyland Resort, on March 12.
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.