Dollar General's Everyday Heroes program is a wonderful way to recognize that there are ordinary people all around us who can make a difference. They launched the program in February 2012, and have been honoring people from all walks of life, from firefighters to veterans to teachers to caregivers. For May, what better group of people to honor than Moms, the ultimate unsung Every Day Hero? I don't think anyone can argue that moms do extraordinary things every day for their families and communities.
There is no better example of an Every Day Hero than Georgia mom Mary Gail Emery, Dollar General's Every Day Hero for May. Emery is a single mom of two, holding a full-time job and part-time work. She coaches her daughter's basketball team, serves as a volunteer coach for other AAU and YMCA basketball teams, and provides rides to other kids who would be unable to participate in sports programs otherwise. That's what I call a hero!
Here are the other ways Dollar General is celebrating moms:
Throughout the month of May, in recognition of moms who do extraordinary things every day for their families and communities, Dollar General® is teaming up with Procter & Gamble® to honor moms – the true Every Day Heroes who have made sacrifices for their families and their communities. To celebrate moms, Dollar General is inviting customers to upload videos describing why their moms are “Every Day Heroes.” Videos can be submitted and viewed at www.dollargeneral.com/everydayheroes.
Win a Mom's Prize Pack
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a Dollar General prize pack containing a variety of mom essentials:
- Tide® Pods
- Febreze® Auto Air Freshener
- Always® Radiant
- Tampax® Radiant
- Secret® Coco Butter Clear Gel
- Old Spice® Champion Deodorant
- Dollar General chip clip.
Leave a comment on this post and tell me why your mom is an everyday hero. This entry must be completed before any extra entries will count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Upload a video about your mom to Dollar General's website at www.dollargeneral.com/everydayheroes (1 entry)
2) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
4) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
5) Pin this giveaway on your Pinterest board (you can use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of this post -- 1 entry).
6) Like Bonggamom Finds on Facebook (1 entry).
7) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Dollar General Moms giveaway! http://bit.ly/Lk5LEg
8) Write this on the Dollar General Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered to win a beauty prize package for Moms from Dollar General on Bonggamom Finds! http://bit.ly/Lk5LEg
9) Follow @bonggafinds on Twitter and tweet this (1 entry per day):
RT @bonggafinds Win a Moms Prize Pack fr @DollarGeneral & @ProcterGamble! Enter by 5/31 at http://bit.ly/Lk5LEg #giveaway
10) Enter any open giveaway on Bonggamom Finds (1 entry for each giveaway you've joined)
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on May 31, 2012; I will draw a winner at random on June 1 and post his/her name after she/he confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. Thanks to Procter & Gamble for providing the prize pack for this giveaway, as well as a second prize pack for me. Promo information (in italics) was provided by Blue Chip Communications. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.