Cover Creator, an app from Discovery Girls magazine, one of my daughter's favorite publications. In fact, when we first got our new iPad, Cover Creator was one of the first apps she asked me to buy for her (that and another Discovery Girls app, Embarrassing Moments). Imagine my surprise when Discovery Girls contacted me and asked me if I wanted to review the app!
DG really has their pulse on what girls enjoy, because this app is so much fun -- just take a photo (or use one from your photo album), and Cover Creator will create a magazine cover with it! You can choose from 5 ready-to-go templates or create your own from scratch. You can edit your magazine layout by adding premade text elements, changing their colors, moving them around your layout, or adding your own text or drawings. It's a bit like a greeting card creator, or a very simple photo editor.
Once you've saved your magazine cover to your photo album, you can email it to yourself, your friends, or to Discovery Girl Magazine. It's very easy and lots of fun, and best of all, it's only $1.99! Beat that, expensive photo booths!
- You can't change the size of the ready-made text elements
- You can't go back and edit your magazine cover once you've saved it and moved out of the app or started on another magazine cover.
- It's only available on iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), so Android tablet and phone users can't share in the fun
- You can't share your magazine cover via Twitter or Facebook or other social channels directly from the app (the workaround is to go to your photo album and share it from there, or email it to yourself, download and share it from there)
Win a subscription to Discovery Girls Magazine
One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will receive a 1-year subscription (6 issues) to Discovery Girls Magazine.
Leave a comment on this post and tell me what magazine cover you would most like to appear on. This entry must be completed before any extra entries will count.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.).
1) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger (1 entry)
2) Follow bonggamom on Instagram (1 entry)
3) Follow bonggamom on Pinterest (1 entry)
4) Repin any of my pins on Pinterest (1 entry for each repin).
5) Pin this giveaway on your Pinterest board (you can use the "Pin It" button at the bottom of this post -- 1 entry).
6) Like Bonggamom Finds on Facebook (1 entry).
7) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered the Discovery Girls giveaway! http://bit.ly/KY90fo
8) Write this on the Discovery Girls Facebook page (1 entry):
I entered to win a 1-year subscription to Discovery Girls magazine on Bonggamom Finds! Giveaway ends June 15 at http://bit.ly/KY90fo
9) Follow @bonggafinds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day):
RT @bonggafinds Win a 1-year subscription to Discovery Girls Magazine! Enter by 6/15 at http://bit.ly/KY90fo cc @DGmagazine #giveaway
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on June 15, 2012; I will draw a winner at random on June 16 and post his/her name after she/he confirms acceptance. Continental US residents only. For additional giveaway rules, click here.
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. I purchased the app myself, but Discovery Girls is providing the giveaway prize. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.