Set a Spooky Mood with Pottery Barn Kids Candles



There's nothing like candlelight to give your home a spooky glow this Halloween season. I always light candles during our Halloween parties and on late October nights, but I have to admit that it can be a real pain. I constantly have to remind our excited young party guests to slow down when they run past the candles, and I constantly have to check to make sure everything is okay. I love candlelight, but the last thing I want is for the house to burn down!

To round out our Halloween decor, Pottery Barn Kids sent us a set of Halloween Pillar Candles, and they are absolutely beautiful. The designs on the candles match the ones on the Pottery Barn Kids Halloween tablecloth, so the candles look really nice on top of the tablecloth. We've placed ours over the fireplace mantel, framing one of our spooky Halloween frames. Truthfully, they look better on the mantel than at the center of a table because the designs only cover one side of the candle. They are pretty much blank white (aside from a couple of stars and some grass at the bottom) on the other side, so it's obvious which is the "front" and which is the "back".


Don't they look amazing? Pottery Barn Kids clearly did not cheap out on these candles. There's nothing plastic-looking about them whatsoever; they look and feel exactly like real wax candles. They're sturdy and heavy, and the outside is actually coated in wax, so they feel soft to the touch, just like real pillar candles.

They look beautiful just sitting there -- but the real witching magic happens when you "light" them. They have a tiny battery-operated light set deep inside the candle that flickers gently when you switch them on. The silhouettes really pop out, and they give a beautiful glow, without the smoke or the risk of fire.


For more Halloween home decorating ideas, check out my review of the Pottery Barn Kids Halloween Tablecloth and Halloween Countdown Calendar. Or go to their online Halloween section -- most of the items are on sale, so you can snag some scary bargains! Now that I think of it, I think I'll drop by our local Pottery Barn Kids store tomorrow....


Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada