Wednesday, October 05, 2011
National Noodle Day is on October 6th! P.F. Chang's Home Menu is celebrating National Noodle Day with a bang -- or should I say, with a slurp?! They're hosting some fun parties and sweepstakes, and you can join right in:
* Join @PFChangs on Twitter tonight, 8-10PM EST, for a Noodle Day Twitter Party! Follow the hash tag #noodlenight to talk about all things noodle, and win some great prizes from P.F. Chang's Home Menu!
* Tomorrow, October 6th, be sure to visit the P.F. Chang’s Home Menu Sweepstakes tab on Facebook (www.facebook/pfchangs) and join the National Noodle Day Sweepstakes. You and your readers can enter to win one of our VIP noodle tasting kits, chef-quality skillets to prepare your meal, and a grand prize trip for two to spice up your weeknight in Las Vegas!
You can also celebrate National Noodle Day with four new Noodle entrees from P.F. Chang’s Home Menu. P.F. Chang’s Home Menu has introduced four new frozen noodle entrées to the line, so you have even more ways to enjoy the yumminess of P.F. Chang's at home!
About the new P.F. Chang's Home Menu varieties
If you love Asian noodles, you’re in for a treat. P.F. Chang’s Home Menu frozen noodle entrées featuring tasty combinations of robust sauces, marinated meats, and unique “noodle nests” that unravel in the skillet midway through cooking as the noodles get coated in a flavor-packed sauce, ensuring the delicate noodles maintain their trademark textures.
The two-serving P.F. Chang’s Home Menu noodle meals are available in four varieties for you to enjoy at home in just minutes:
• Garlic Chicken with Dan Dan Noodles – White meat chicken with a savory garlic sauce, bell peppers, bok choy and yakisoba noodles
• Pepper Steak with Chow Fun Noodles – Steak with a sweet and peppery sauce, bell peppers, onions and chow fun noodles
• Grilled Chicken Teriyaki with Lo Mein Noodles – Grilled chicken with a teriyaki sauce, pineapple, red bell peppers, onions and lo mein noodles
• Firecracker Shrimp with Yakisoba Noodles – Lightly battered shrimp with spicy sauce, carrots, edamame, onions and yakisoba noodles
P.F. Chang's Home Menu sent us a tasting kit, complete with chopsticks and noodle bowls, so our family could celebrate Noodle Day with a restaurant experience at home. We received the Pepper Steak with Chow Fun Noodles and the Garlic Chicken with Dan Dan Noodles, and it was almost like eating out at P.F. Chang's!
Both varieties were delicious. Alfie and I loved the pepper steak, which had a nice mix of sweet and spicy. The kids prefer the milder taste of the garlic chicken, and they loved slurping up the noodles (I think they're actually soba noodles, by the way; my understanding is that dandan noodles refer to the dish, rather than the type of noodle). I thought the dish was rather heavy on the sauce, but fixing it was a simple matter of boiling more soba noodles and adding them in. It turns out that was the smart thing to do, since my kids have big appetites and the serving sizes are on the small side. But preparing more is not a big deal, a pack only costs about $8, and it's so easy to throw into the pan to warm up. It's such an easy way to get the P.F. Chang's restaurant experience! We're all big fans of P.F. Chang's the restaurant, and now we're big fans of P.F. Chang's Home Menu as well.
Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is indicated in italics. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.