Santé Nuts review



I love nuts. They're packed full of protein and good oils, and they fill you up quickly so a little goes a long way. I add them to stir-fries, toss them into salad, top baked goods with them, or eat them just as they are! They are perfect for nibbling along with cheese, olives and fruit. And just like cheese, olives, and fruit, I've come to realize that most nuts taste good -- but not all kinds are created equal. Quality matters, and the difference in taste when you have a high quality nut is definitely worth the extra cost. I recently received some samples of Santé gourmet nuts, and right from the first bite you can tell that these nuts are a cut above the rest. These nuts are roasted by hand, in small batches, in organic canola oil. They are crunchy and light, with just enough salt or sugar to enhance, not overpower, the flavor of the nut. Santé sent us some candied pecans, candied walnuts, roasted salted pecans and garlic almonds. I have never really liked pecans, but I soon found myself wolfing down the candied pecans and salted along with the rest of the family. They are fantastic! The candied walnuts are even better -- I could probably eat the whole bag in one sitting (fortunately, these fill you up quickly!). But my favorite has got to be the Santé Garlic Almonds. They are salty, with a spicy zing. Santé nuts cost between $4.29 and $5.29 for a 4 or 5-ounce bag, which is not bad at all for gourmet nuts. They are a real treat, and almost too good to put in salads and other recipes -- but I'll bet they'd be the secret ingredient to make those recipes taste out of this world!

Disclosure: I received a product sample to facilitate my review, but have not been paid to review the product or give my opinions. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada