Sunday, November 28, 2010
Several weeks ago I reviewed some holiday cards from The Gallery Collection, and while I was impressed with the high quality of the cards, envelopes and printing, I was left longing for more contemporary photo designs for holiday cards. Lo and behold, The Gallery Collection contacted me again and introduced me to their new photo card site, www.PhotoCardsDirect.com. They pointed me to their website and sent me a few sample cards to review, and I have to say that this site is much more my style! I love the photo card designs on this site, and I love their great prices even more. Keep reading to find out what I thought:
PhotoCardsDirect.com offers personalized photo Christmas cards, photo Birth Announcements, photo Wedding Thank You Cards, photo Baby Thank You Cards and photo Invitations.
Here's how they describe themselves:
PhotoCardsDirect.com proudly enjoys a noteworthy reputation for excellence in product creativity, quality and variety, with outstanding customer care and guaranteed satisfaction. We offer all kinds of exciting photo cards, including Holiday photo cards, baby announcements and photo invitations.
As a GreetingCardsDirect.com company, our purpose is to provide greeting card lines to meet all of our customers' needs that always include: exceptional choices for versatile tastes; ease and efficiency of ordering; top quality materials and flawless production.
Here's what I like best about PhotoCardsDirect.com:
* The price is right! Prices start at $1.26 for a flat card and $1.59 for a folded card when you order the minimum amount of 25 -- and they get cheaper if you order larger quantities. I love that you can get a nice matte card on real card stock, not slick photo paper, for such a low price! It's so affordable, you can't afford not to upgrade to a real holiday card from PhotoCardsDirect!
* I love how the website classifies the holiday cards by design, i.e. Trendy Color Combos, Traditional Color Combos, Floral Chic, Tropical Trends, etc.. The website also lets you search for cards that display a specific number of photos (1-4), or a certain card format (flat, folded, vertical, horizontal), or by color. They have so many designs, you're sure to find one you like -- and with these search features you can easily find a card that matches your personal style.
* You can easily personalize your card with your own message, and you can easily change font sizes, colors and styles.
Here are a few things I would change:
* Rather than having set shipping costs based on quantity or dollar amount, PhotoCardsDirect.com has a Shipping Quote Calculator where you enter your order quantity and the state you want to ship to. That would be fine, but the problem is, it doesn't work -- for every state I tried, I got a message saying it was unable to calculate the shipping costs, and I had to call the customer service number.
* The photos print out quite nicely on the cards that I received, but the fonts did not print out so well. They didn't look quite so crisp and bold, and they looked fuzzy in places.
The Bottom Line
PhotoCardsDirect.com is a great option for the value-conscious consumer who wants real holiday cards, not photo cards, and wants high quality, but doesn't want to pay high prices.
Disclosure: I am receiving at Gift Bag Ensemble as a thank-you for reviewing PhotoCardsDirect.com. I was not paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is clearly indicated as such. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.