KT Tunstall in Concert


2009 and 2010 have been banner years for attending concerts; Alfie and I have attended more concerts these two years than we have in the last 10 years combined! It feels really good to get out, spend time together as a couple and enjoy live music from some of our favorite artists.

Last night we had a real treat -- One2One Network sent us tickets to see one of my favorite musicians (if you don't believe me, check out my Blogger profile), KT Tunstall. She's currently on a US/Canada tour through December 1, and lucky for us, she stopped by San Francisco's Regency Ballroom. At first Alfie was reluctant to go since it was a Monday night and we heard she was coming on at 10PM. But I begged and pleaded, and he gave in. Good thing he did, because she actually started at 9, so we had a full 90 minutes of live music and got our old bones into bed by 11:30. KT was amazing -- she really knows how to work the crowd! Before almost every song, she had a story to tell about what inspired her to write it, or who she was dedicating it to; I learned that Uummannaq Song was written after she saw the Northern Lights for the first time, and that Madame Trudeaux was based on the (rumored) scandalous love life of a Canadian Prime Minister's wife. And being from the UK (she's Scottish), she doesn't mince words

Of course, even if KT Tunstall didn't joke around or tell stories, I'd still have a great time at her concert because I love her music so much. She sang all of my favorites, including the first track from "Tiger Suit", Uummannaq Song:


She also sang Still a Weirdo, Push That Knot Away, and quite a few songs from her latest album, "Tiger Suit", as well as some of her popular hits like Otherside of the World and Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. Her songs sound even better live because you can hear all sorts of little nuances -- I had no idea that she and her backup singer actually whistle part of the soundtrack in (Still A) Weirdo, for instance -- and she added lots of special touches, like a trumpet arrangement for Black Horse and the Cherry Treed.

To my surprise, she chose "A Little Respect" for one of her encore numbers -- it's not even her song! -- but it was a good surprise, mind you, because I love the song, and it seems everyone else did as well, because the crowd energy level went through the roof.


What could possibly top a number like that? Why, KT's "Suddenly I See", of course:

At that point I gave up my videographer job and just started dancing along with the crowd, which is why this video is shaking so badly. But you get the picture -- we had a great time!


You can go to KT's website for the full listing of venues and dates to find a performance near you. And don't forget to enter my KT Tunstall "Tiger Suit" cd giveaway!

Disclosure: I received tickets to KT Tunstall's concert courtesy of the One2One Network. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada