Willow Creek Sleeping Bag by Coleman



I finally got a chance to test out the sleeping bag that Coleman sent me a couple of months ago! I took their Willow Creek sleeping bag with me on the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure, and The Pea used it when she invited her best friend over for a sleepover. Here's what we thought of it:

The Basics

The Coleman Willow Creek Scoop Sleeping Bag is great for warm-weather camping. It measures 33-Inch wide by 78-Inch long, and fits most people up to 5-Inch11-Inch. The unique scoop shape makes a comfortable headrest, keeping your head and pillow off the ground. The Willow Creek Sleeping Bag is durably constructed of a soft brushed-polyester cover and liner, with 3 pounds of ThermoTech insulation to keep you comfortable down to 40°-60Degree Fahrenheit. The Willow Creek features the QuickCord storage system for easy storage -- no tying required. Coleman-Inchs ComfortSmart technology means your sleeping bag is packed with features to keep you warm and comfortable: ZipPlow plows fabric away from the zipper to prevent snags; Comfort Cuff surrounds your face with softness; FiberLock prevents insulation from shifting keeping you warm and increasing durability; ThermoLock reduces heat loss through the zipper, keeping you warmer; Zipper Glide tailoring allows smooth zipper operation around corners; and Roll Control locks the bag in place for easier rolling.


The Bongga
This sleeping bag is a welcome addition to our arsenal of Coleman gear for some outdoor family fun! It served me well when I camped out in San Francisco last week, and The Pea's friend slept like a baby in it when they had their sleepover. Here's what I love best about this sleeping bag:

* It feels soft and cozy, like your favorite comforter.

* I love color scheme -- the brown and blue look so cute, and since they're a gender-neutral color, you can buy this for an older daughter, then pass it on to a younger brother a couple of years afterwards.

* It was unbelievably easy to pack! I didn't have to struggle at all; no sitting on the sleeping bag to make sure it stays rolled, or straining to get the cord all the way around so I can tie it. Usually I end up with a huge lumpy mess that looks like it's going to burst, but this sleeping bag packs up easily into a neat, compact roll. At the 3-Day for the Cure, we were limited to a single bag, including sleeping bag and sleeping mat, and this is the only adult-sized sleeping bag we have that actually fit into my duffel bag.




The Blah
This sleeping bag is supposed to fit adults up to 5'11'', but I'm 5 feet, 8 inches tall, and I found this sleeping bag to be just too short. Also, I'd revise the temperature rating to between 50 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit. When I used it in San Francisco, nighttime temperatures were in the low 50's, and dropped to 45, and even though I wore 4 layers of clothing, I was just too cold. I think it's much more suited to kids -- they can move around it in comfortably and the sleeping bag will still cover them well, and since kids don't feel the cold as much as adults do, they'll sleep well when the temperatures are in the 40's, and won't get too stifled when the temperatures are higher.


The Bottom Line
Coleman's Willow Creek Sleeping Bag is comfy, cozy, convenient -- just perfect for a girls' sleepover and kids' warm-weather camping!




We've got one more camping trip coming up in a couple of weeks, so stay tuned for a review of our new Coleman tent!

Disclosure: I received a sleeping bag from Coleman to review. I was not paid to review the product or give my opinions. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is clearly indicated as such. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada