Tuesday, October 12, 2010
It has been just over 2 weeks since I blogged about Leapfrog's "Tag. Give. Read." program, and in that short time the response has been absolutely tremendous! Their Virtual Book campaign on their Facebook page -- where they pledged to donate a Leapfrog Tag book for each new Facebook fan they received -- reached 25,000 additional fans lightning-fast. Leapfrog decided to expand their initial goal to 50,000 books... and met that goal as well! It's so wonderful to see how many people pitched in to help.
And even though the Facebook portion of Leapfrog's has finished, don't forget that the DonorsChoose.org portion is still very much underway. You can still donate to a teacher via DonorsChoose.org, and your dollar will go even further with LeapFrog's donation of $100,000, to match donations, dollar-for-dollar, made to teachers who request the Tag learn-to-read system for their classrooms. So if you donate via DonorsChoose.org to the teachers on this list, Leapfrog will effectively double your donation!
Note: If you're a teacher, you can post a request for Tag Readers and Tag books -- or if you know a teacher, encourage them to post a request -- and make sure to reference “LeapFrog Tag Readers” in the request!
Win Leapfrog's Tag Reading System for yourself AND the kindergarten classroom of your choice
Now Leapfrog is providing yet another way to help get more students reading with the help of their Tag Reading System. One lucky Bonggamom Finds reader will not only receive a Tag Reading System for their very own -- they also get to give one away to the kindergarten classroom of their choice!
The winner of this giveaway will receive:
* Leapfrog's Tag Reading System + US Map and 2 additional Tag books for their own home use
* A Tag Reading System classroom kit, consisting of 2 Tag School Readers and headphones, plus 2 copies each of 15 Tag books. The winner gets to choose which deserving kindergarten classroom will receive this kit!
Leave a comment on this post and tell me which elementary school you would like to donate a Tag Classroom kit to, and why. This entry must be completed before extra entries qualify.
For extra entries, you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each extra entry with a way to verify the entry (i.e. tweet link, blog post link, Facebook id, Twitter id, etc.). Note: some of these are worth 2 extra entries, so don't forget to leave 2 separate comments!
1) Write on the Leapfrog Facebook page wall, tell them that Bonggamom sent you, and tell them which school you are hoping to win the Tag classroom kit for (2 entries). Here's a sample entry:
I entered the Tag. Give. Read. giveaway on Bonggamom Finds (http://tinyurl.com/2dku8wx ) because I want to win a Tag classroom kit for Kindergarten101 in Mountain View, CA.
2) Write this on the Bonggamom Finds Facebook page , filling in the blank with your chosen school (2 entries):
I entered your Tag. Give. Read. giveaway ( http://tinyurl.com/2dku8wx ) because I want to win a Tag classroom kit for ___________________________
3) Follow Leapfrog on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
RT @bonggamom Donate via DonorsChoose 2 a teacher requesting a Tag Reading System & @leapfrog will match your donation! http://bit.ly/bMVXCE
4) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Twitter and tweet this, up to once per day (1 entry per day, leave a comment with the tweet link for each tweet):
Win a @leapfrog Tag Reading System for you AND the kinder teacher of your choice at @bonggafinds! http://tinyurl.com/2dku8wx #giveaways
5) Grab my blog button and post it up on your blog (1 entry).
6) Subscribe to Bonggamom Finds updates (1 entry).
7) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Networked Blogs (1 entry).
8) Follow Bonggamom Finds on Blogger(1 entry).
9) Tell your Facebook friends about Leapfrog's Tag. Give. Read. program by sharing the link to the Tag. Give. Read. program on your Facebook page (2 entries). Here's the link:
This giveaway ends at 11:59PM PST on October 31, 2010; I will draw a winner at random on November 1 and post the winner's name after the winner confirms acceptance. Winner must provide the name and email address of a valid kindergarten teacher, as well as the address of that teacher's school, so Leapfrog can send the Tag classroom kit directly to them. US addresses only. For additional giveaway rules, click here. Good luck!
Disclosure: Leapfrog will be providing me with a Leapfrog Tag classroom kit to donate to the kindergarten class of my choice. I did not receive any samples for personal use or monetary compensation for this post. Product information is provided by the featured company/product and is clearly indicated as such. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.