I keep fantasizing about what I'd do with an iPad. It's out of my budget so I'm hoping to win one over at Best Kids Apps, a blog about iPhone apps for kids. But I can fantasize, can't I? I keep telling Alfie that an e-reader like the iPad's iBooks application would be perfect for him, so he doesn't have to keep lugging around all his technical books. As for me, I'd load my iPad up with books I love. There are quite a few children's series that I could read again and again, such as:
* The Chronicles of Narnia series by CS Lewis
* The Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery
* The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
* The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
* The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I'd also load the iPad with series that I read in early adulthood:
* The Lord of the Rings series by JR Tolkien
* Jane Austen's books
* Homer's Iliad and Odyssey
* The Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffery
* Cookbooks, cookbooks, I love cookbooks! Imagine having all kinds of cookbooks to refer to at the touch of my finger!
* How about a bit of fluff for summertime reading? I haven't been sucked into the Twilight series yet, but I'll bet I could.
* Light, but inspiring reading: I recently heard of the book Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson. It's all about his mission to bring schools into poor villages in Central Asia. It sounds wonderful and I have to remember to grab a copy. If only I could just download it to my iPad...
Like I said, I can dream, can't I......
Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post. By posting this, I gain an entry into a contest for the chance to win an Apple iPad. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.