Bosch MIXXO Cordless Immersion Blender



I'm a big fan of soup: tomato, cream of broccoli, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, pumpkin, butternut squash, split pea and ham, cauliflower and white beans, lentil, black bean... the list goes on and on.

We have soup about once or twice a week. Soup is nutritious and filling and cheap, and it's so easy to throw everything in a pot and simmer it on the stove, but I'll admit that sometimes I get lazy and open up a ready-to-serve can or box. Those are usually the soups that require blending to smooth out the lumps, like tomato soup or cream-of-anything. I just hate having to transfer everything to the blender and back again, so we usually have lumpy soup :)

Bosch appliances recently invited me to review their cordless handheld immersion blender, the Bosch MIXXO. I've never owned an immersion blender and have never owned a Bosch-branded appliance, so I was definitely interested to see how it would perform. Here's what I thought:

The Basics
The Bosch MIXXO Handheld Blender has all the convenience of a cordless device -- you can take it anywhere, and in particular, you can use it to blend food straight in whatever dish the food is in. Then just place it in its holder to charge it up. The MIXXO doesn't just make soups; you can also use it to make smoothies and cocktails and baby food. It even comes with a chopper accessory so you can chop onions and herbs and other small quantities of food.

Here's what Bosch has to say about their product:
The Bosch MIXXO Cordless Handheld Blender is a revolutionary cordless handheld blender used to prepare tasty food and refreshing drinks without the hassle of cords or plugs. The unit utilizes cutting-edge lithium battery technology – the first among kitchen appliances – to provide twenty minutes of continuous powerful blending; nearly twice as long as other handheld blenders.

The cordless feature of the MIXXO allows for ultimate multi tasking. Imagine being able to answer a phone call on the opposite side of the kitchen and continue blending a smoothie for an on-the-go breakfast, baby food for the newest addition, soup for tonight's dinner, and a cocktail for after a long days work. Even better, imagine cutting down on mess and cleaning time by being able to blend your food in whatever bowl or cup you serve your dish in.

The Bongga
You know how once you've set up a wireless router at home you wonder how you ever survived with archaic wired-up printers and computers? Using the Bosch MIXXO is kind of like that. Once you try it, you won't know how you got along without it. When I think of all the times I've had to put soup in a blender -- with all the spills and cleanup that implies -- or had to make do with lumpy soup...... The blade may be small, but it gets the job done. I've gone through 3 soup-blending sessions and it's still holding its charge! And cleanup is a snap, because the blade attachment twists right off. Oh, how I do NOT miss having to wash up that huge glass blender jar.



The Blah
I wish the blender tool had a snap-on cap or something that I could cover up the blades with; I feel like I can't put it down whenever my kids are in the kitchen! Also, I wish this blender had an attachment for mixing dough and batter. I haven't dared to try it on mashed potatoes or cake batter or anything like that because I don't want it to break, but I really wish I could! I know, I know, I'm being greedy but the ease and convenience of cordless has me hooked, and now I want it all!


The Bottom Line
The Bosch MIXXO cordless immersion blender frees you up from the messiness and inconvenience of a corded blender. If you're big on creamy soups, it's a must-have!

Win It!
Sorry, I'm just teasing. No giveaway today. But I will be giving away one of these babies in a couple of weeks. So stay tuned -- keep logging on to Bonggamom Finds or subscribe to receive updates so you don't miss this giveway!

I received a sample in order to review this product, but no monetary compensation. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

2 Comments, Leave yours here:

Carrie on December 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM said...

That looks like a really cool kitchen tool! Thanks for letting us know about it!

karenmed409 on December 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM said...

oh man, that is a must have in the kitchen, thanks for the review!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada