Purchase an American Girl Doll, and they'll Give One To Charity


There's nothing quite like seeing the joy on your little girl's face when she opens up her holiday present and discovers and American Girl doll inside.  American Girl has been a part of so many of our holidays, and we've created so many special memories with my daughter and her American Girl dolls!

It's a sad fact of life that not everyone can afford an American Girl doll.  They represent a significant investment, and many families are struggling this holiday season. That's why I'm so excited to announce (on Giving Tuesday, of all days!) American Girl's charitable holiday program -- for every purchase of an American Girl doll made thru December 18, American Girl is donating a doll to charity!


I was blown away when I received the news. What a generous program!  Their "Share the Wonder of the Holidays" giving campaign launched on November 24, and runs through December 18, 2014. During that time, American Girl will match any doll purchase made online, in-store, or via phone with an 18-inch doll donation (up to 1,000 dolls each day). The dolls will be donated to children in hospitals around the country through their partnership with the Children's Hospital Association. That's worth nearly $3 million in retail value!

What a great program, and I can't think of a more worthy beneficiary.  Kids in the hospital need some extra holiday cheer, and I'm sure American Girl will be brightening up the holidays for quite a few little girls this year!



Disclosure: As a thank you for posting this information, American Girl has kindly offered to donate an American Girl doll to the charity of my choice. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

2 Comments, Leave yours here:

Terra Heck on December 2, 2014 at 11:33 PM said...

That's awesome! I know girls really like American Girl dolls and I think it's wonderful that some will be donated to children's hospitals. I like this "buy one, one goes to donation" campaign.

justicecw on December 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM said...

What a great program!

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada