American Girl Holiday Gift Guide 2014



After weeks of studying the American Girl catalogue and browsing through the American Girl Store, I've finally come up with my 2014 American Girl holiday gift guide -- and this year, I'm all about the clothes!  Of course, as I say every year, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING American Girl would make a great gift, and the best gift is what your girl really wants -- but if she can't make up her mind, or if you want to surprise her, here are my top picks for 2014:

Splurges

First up, the presents for girls who have been very, very good! The Happy Holiday Dress (with matching doll dress) pictured in the photo above would make the perfect holiday outfit.  For an extra special holiday event, throw in the matching doll outfit!  Of course, if you're lucky enough to live near and American Girl Store, make sure you snap up the Ruby Ball Gown set,  which is only available in stores.  It features a white fur coat and a long ballgown with a glittery gold top and red tulle skirt, plus gold shoes and a ruby and diamond tiara. Unfortunately, there's no matching girl outfit.


My favorite matching girl-doll casual outfit this year is the Winter White Outfit.  I love the solid white color and the layered pieces!  I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of the knit shorts, but my fashionista sister (who lives in London) assures me they are all the rage, so I'll tolerate them on the doll -- fortunately, the matching girl outfit has a skirt instead of shorts!


I think the main reason that all my AG gift picks are clothing items is the new BeForever girls' line.  I adore the way the girls' outfits are inspired by the dolls outfits, rather than being carbon copies of them.  Our girls don't live in the 17th, 18th, 19th or 20th centuries, after all, and they don't want to wear costumes every day!  And those colors! Those bright, beautiful colors! All the BeForever girls' outfits are great, but my four favorites are Samantha, Josefina, Kit, and Addy. I'm sure any little girl would be thrilled to wear any of those outfits.

Samantha's pink Victorian outfit is way too frilly for modern girls to play in, but the matching girls' dress loses the puffed sleeves and lacy collar, so it's still pretty, but less frilly.  I love how the model is wearing it with red sneakers!

The Josefina girl's dress takes Josefina's traditional Mexican American outfit and gives it a modern, boho vibe. No need for the shawl because it has longer sleeves to keep your girl warm on chilly days!

Kit's dress just screams Spring and Summer -- just perfect for an Easter Egg Hunt or Summer Picnic!  I like that the matching girls' outfit loses the huge red neckline buttons but keeps the Peter Pan collar.

The Addy doll dress is beautiful, but it has a distinct schoolmarmish air -- plus, no one wears petticoats!  I love how the matching girl's dress was reimagined as a sleeveless dress, but still keeps the beautiful blue color, the black trim, the black shoulder bows, and the gathered bodice.  This is one great party dress!

Savings

If you can't shell out the big bucks but still want to give a present that will thrill your girl, don't worry. American Girl has plenty of presents for every budget. Here are my top 3 value presents:

I'm so happy that Samantha is back, but I sure do miss her plaid schoolgirl outfit!  If your girl is missing that outfit too, you'll still have Samantha's Holiday Set to console her. It comes with not only a dress, but a tea set as well.

Most of the American Girl doll clothes come in sets, but you can buy separates from the GOTY 2014 Isabelle for $8-$14 per piece!  It's a great way to mix and match to suit both style and budget.  My favorites are  Isabelle's Wrap Sweater, Shrug Pants, and Coral Sweater.... but don't forget, they'll only be here as long as Isabelle is here. In other words, they'll be gone at the end of the month!
I just had to add Addie's pretty Plaid Summer Set -- it's on sale for just $13!!!  Hopefully by the time you read this, you'll still be able to buy it, because like all of American Girl's sale items, it won't last long.

The Service Dog Set is the only item on my holiday list that isn't an item of clothing or an accessory  I just love the fact that American Girl appeals to girls of all ages and abilities.  You can buy this service dog, braces, headgear, glasses, a cast, a wheelchair -- you can even purchase special American Girl dolls without hair! -- to help your girl identify with her American Girl doll.

Stocking Stuffers

Even my stocking stuffer picks are clothes!  Okay, technically they're accessories, but hey, they're still for American Girl dolls to wear!  My top 3 stocking stuffers are hair extensions, which are perfect for any girl who wishes she had Isabelle's pink-tipped hair extensions for her own American Girl Dolls.  Those are only available with the Isabelle doll, but for all other American Girl dolls, you can purchase Accent Braid Clips, Clip-on Buns, or Ponytails, which come in a variety of hair colors and clip on to any doll's hair.





Disclosure: I did not receive a sample or monetary compensation for this post.  The views and opinions expressed here are my own.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada