Make the Ultimate Sandwich with Oroweat Organic Bread



Oroweat bread is my favorite brand of sandwich bread. I've been buying their Country Buttermilk bread for years!  When we decided to make the switch to whole wheat, Oroweat's 100% Whole Wheat bread was the natural choice.  I love the convenience of sliced bread, and Oroweat bread is large enough and sturdy enough so that I can pile on the sandwich fillings and not have to worry about having a soggy mess in my kids' lunchbox when they take their sandwich out for lunch!

So when Oroweat recently launched a line of Organic sandwich breads and invited me to try them, I was more than happy to do so.  It's great to have the organic option, with the same great Oroweat taste and texture!

About new Oroweat Organic
· Made with organic ingredients and whole grains, NEW Oroweat® Organic breads are the delicious way to feel better about eating better.
· Available in 100% Whole Wheat and Grains & Seeds varieties, both are USDA-Certified Organic.
· Visit https://www.oroweatorganic.com/ to use the 360° tool to see what’s inside and discover where you can find Oroweat® Organic breads at a store near you

Even better, Oroweat sent me enough coupons for enough loaves of Oroweat Organic bread and a gift card to purchase enough sandwich fillings to feed my friends!  My friend decided to host an after-Thanksgiving Nerf war party for her son and his friends, and since 3Po and Jammy were invited, I offered to provide lunch, courtesy of Oroweat.

We laid out bread and sandwich fillings out on a picnic table to form a Sandwich Bar.  Kids and parents chose from Oroweat Organic White, 100% Whole Wheat, and Grains & Seeds bread (as well as Oroweat Sandwich Thins).  Then they piled on tomatoes, onions, olives, lettuce, avocados, mayo, mustard, cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly, salami, turkey, chicken salad, and a gazillion kinds of cheese.  Add some potato chips on the side and mandarin oranges, and the kids had enough fuel to wage a Nerf war that lasted for hours!

Everyone was able to make their favorite sandwich -- the one they made themselves!


Naturally, I like my chicken salad sandwich the best! Personally I think it's the Ultimate Sandwich.  It all starts with the perfect chicken salad recipe.  Since it was Thanksgiving weekend, I made my chicken salad with dried cranberries!  I spread some mustard on both sides of my bread (Oroweat Organic Grains and Seed), then spoon a generous amount of chicken salad on the bottom slice.  Then I add lettuce and onions.  The final secret ingredient?  A layer of potato chips!!


Alfie, of course, begs to differ.  He thinks his sandwich is the Ultimate Sandwich.  He layers mayo, mustard, sliced tomatoes, cheddar cheese (you have to use real, vintage sharp Cheddar Cheese!), and avocadoes. If you like a bit of kick to your sandwich, spread some wasabi paste on top!


I guess everyone's favorite sandwich is their Ultimate Sandwich, right?  The Sandwich Bar was a great hit, and everyone had a great time. Thanks, Oroweat, for introducing everyone to new Oroweat Organic Bread!



Disclosure:   I received coupons for free product and a gift card, provided by Oroweat® so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Oroweat® Organic bread. Product information (in italics) was also provided by Oroweat®. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Oroweat®.

Pin It

0 Comments, Leave yours here:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Bongga Posts

Bongga Tweets

I'm Going!

Blog Archive

 

Bonggamom Finds Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada