I received a Disney digital music gift card
For Disney music lovers like me, finding our favorite songs was a bit like a scavenger hunt. Record stores like Tower or Virgin (remember those?) had a specialty section, but it was pretty sparse, so I had to resort to mail-order catalogs or cd-of-the-months clubs.
Then came e-commerce, and all of a sudden we had the opposite problem. Search for "Disney" on Amazon music, and you'll get over 8,000 results. Who has the time to sift through all of that?
At last, there's a great middle ground: the Disney digital music store. It has Disney's vast collection of contemporary hits and timeless classics for fans to download -- but it's properly organized so you can find what you're looking for. We're not just talking about every single soundtrack of every single movie or television show Disney has ever made (although that's all there!). Here are some of the kinds of music you'll find:
- Popular songs featured on Radio Disney, Disney Junior and The Disney Channel
- Read along storybooks featuring favorite Disney tales like Up, Snow White, The Lion King, and so many more
- Sing along karaoke versions of your favorite Disney songs
- Christmas themed songs
- Baby Einstein music for playtime, naptime, travel and more for the littlest classical music fans!
- Disney songs in Spanish
- Music from the Disney theme parks: the soundtrack to California Screamin', the Haunted Mansion, Soarin' over California, the Golden Horseshoe Review and other beloved attractions.
They have every Disney song you can think of, and many you never knew existed (Disney Princess lullabies? The Broadway recording of Mary Poppins? A remix version of Pirates of the Caribbean? Check, check and check!). Of course, it's Disney, so all the music is family-friendly and you can feel safe letting your child browse around the site.
You can pay for your Disney music downloads via credit card, or buy a Disney music gift cards, with face values of $15, $25 or a custom amount. They are available at Disney resorts and retailers like Wal-Mart, Staples, Kroger and Safeway.
Just one more note: The Disney music store is not mobile compatible, and I have not been able to access the Disney music store on my iPad, so you'll have to download the music on your PC or Mac computer (it downloads in mp3 format) and transfer it to your phone or tablet yourself.
Disclosure: I received a Disney Digital Music gift card via Child's Play Communications as compensation for this post. The views and opinions expressed here are my own.